*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490726-Halloween-Recollection
Rated: E · Other · Holiday · #1490726
I recall the best night ever! (Flash Fiction)
Goblins and ghouls, princesses and pirates, dancers and demons all ruled the streets and I, at the tender age of six, loved it immensely. The excitement was almost more than my little mind could contain. I felt like laughing and crying at the same time. In the end, I just shrieked and ran along with the crowds.

It seemed too good to be true. I would go up to a house, ring the bell and be rewarded with more goodies than I had imagined existed before this night. The houses would be dressed up for the celebration and a witch or cowboy would answer each door. I quickly learned to not be afraid; Mom was right there at the end of the walk, keeping a safe eye on me.

I ran from house to house, faster and faster, not wanting to waste a moment for fear it would all suddenly end if I stopped to catch my breath. I could see others caught up in the excitement as well. Costumes ran this way and that, some funny, others scary in a not-so-scary way.

Eventually the evening came to an end as Mom carried me the final half block to our house. I don’t recall being put into bed other than hearing my mom’s promise to keep my bag of candy safe for me until the next morning. It had been the most magical night of my young life, never to be equaled.

“That’s it. That’s the night I want,” I said to the man behind the counter as I removed the headgear brainwave sensing equipment.

“Very well sir. We will upload it to your account this evening. After that, you can replay it all you want using your Memory Player 360. Thank you for shopping at Recollections Incorporated.”

Word Count 298


© Copyright 2008 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1490726-Halloween-Recollection