*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491052-Whats-The-Point
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1491052
I've been a bit depressed lately so decided to write it out of me.
What’s The Point.



      It’s the weekend again. It comes around so quickly. It doesn’t even leave you with enough time to figure out what you are going to do with it. “Oh! I know," you say with some enthusiasm. "A movie."

   

      You grab the local newspaper and look in the “Happy Happenings” section only to discover that the movie you would like to see started ten minutes ago and wont be showing again until Sunday night. By then it’s too late, as you have to get to bed early because you need all your energy for the coming week.



      So you stare at the TV until boredom gives way to depression. Then you get an idea. You fire up the PC and connect to BigPond. Google appears with its cute little drawings and you type in “What’s the point?” Up comes “What’s the Point – Funbrain a game for kids.” Straight underneath it is “What’s the Bloody Point”. Now that’s more like it. A site with attitude!



      Later on you find “What’s your point, honey”. Hey! don’t you get fresh with me! A couple of pages later you read “What’s the point of a Rugby league World Cup?” Good grief! Blasphemy!



      A couple below there is “What’s the point of marriage?” You wish someone had answered that for you before the 5th of October 1974. Maybe it would have saved you from a life of misery!



      And there it is! The question you are really asking. “What’s the point of living?” Your spirit soars as you click on the link and wait as the page loads. You wait … and wait… suddenly “Page cannot be found.” You try again. A few more pages and you find “What’s the point to life when you can’t trust anyone… “ The page loads… “This question has been deleted. Please try again later.”



      Exasperated you lean back in your chair and tune into the radio, which has been chatting, and singing golden oldies to itself all afternoon. Cat Stevens voice cuts through.

“The answer lies within.

So why not take a look now.

Kick out the devils sin.

Pick up, pick up the good book now.

Yes The… answer…lies …within!!



      That’s it you say as you tuck yourself into bed. It’s Sunday tomorrow. I haven’t been to church for years!
© Copyright 2008 firefly1252 (firefly1252 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1491052-Whats-The-Point