*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1492131-What-I-Remember-Most-About-Dying
Rated: 13+ · Other · Philosophy · #1492131
The result of existential idle time
Frozen. She sat frozen in time and space. The world kaleidoscoped around her in a dizzying swirl of color.

Away it fell, sloughed off like old skin, shirked down to the floor of forever, the ground of eternity, never to be seen again as she had known it, the world, that is.

This is what it is like to die. At first. This is what you are first aware of . In the kaleidoscope, which is the world while you die, was contained all the things we fear about death- all that she feared anyway. The pain was there, she knew it was, but not in the way she had known pain before. Pain before was the threat of death but she was dyeing so the pain was no longer such a fearsome threat it was more like a simple fact, a sensation, a state of being that she knew would cease once she had stopped dying and started being simply dead. Which simultaneously occupied all time and no time.

This issue of time is a common source of confusion for the newly born into eternity. For much the same reason time travel confuses people on Earth, the move from one frame of time to another confuses people outside of the Infinity. The length of time it takes to move from Finite to Infinite is impossible to judge for someone going through it. Some would claim that it took forever if it took a day while most would simply concede that it at once took forever and at once took a day.
© Copyright 2008 Hope Kelly (ohsooriginal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1492131-What-I-Remember-Most-About-Dying