*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495589-My-Shadow-a-Disaster-on-Legs-PT1
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1495589
Could you hold on to sanity with this kind of a tagalong.
If you were to observe Tom Harrow from a foreign perspective you would, believe him to be losing his mind. But if you were to observe as his shadow you would find there is a reason. And that reason is something that can't be gotten rid of. We shall come in when it all began. It was an average day for Tom as he woke up. Then as usual he climbed out of bed. Crossed the hall to the kitchen to get a quick breakfast. When he opened the refrigerator he exclaimed. "Where's my food?!" He goes back to his room to dress for work very confused. After he finishes dressing he unlocks the front door grabs for his keys as he's going out the door and stops halfway through the it. "Where are my keys?" Tom questions himself, "I always without fail put them away. This mourning can't get any worse.". Since his keys are missing he is forced to take a bus. So as he's standing at a bus stop so utterly confused. He decides to check his wallet to make sure everything is there. Having it all accounted for Tom relaxes some at knowing his wallet at least, is not missing anything.
The bus arrives and all is normal until. Tom having been deep in thought resting his right temple on his fist decides to look out the window since he's right next to it. As he looks up he's startled by some guy rubbing his face against the bus window. Not just because its unexpected but since the bus is moving its not really something that is taken lightly. "Wh-who is th-that!" Tom stutters "Who?" Asks the lady next to Tom. "Who! Who! Hi-im?" Tom replies looking at her momentarily but when he looks back out the window he's gone. Now being flustered he gets to the building at witch he works. Now as he approaches his cubicle having become rather paranoid after recent events. When he sits down he puts his face in his hands trying to calm down. When he manages to get focused he starts working. About a half hour later one of his desk drawers is open slightly he closes it. Five minutes pass its slightly open again he closes it. This repeats about 3 times before Tom yanks the drawer open and searches for the reason it wont stay closed. After a few minutes of fussing with the drawer he goes back to work. Fifteen minutes pass and his bottom desk drawer falls off startled by it tom investigates it, and while he's searching it he hears a voice coming from his filing cabinet. "Hush you want to give away our position. No sir. Good now get into position and wait for the purplepotimus to move out of the way." Tom had heard enough and opened his filing cabinet. The same guy that was rubbing his face on the bus window was inside his filing cabinet. "Who are you!" Tom harshly whispers. "I am 3rd Captain general the 4th." he replies. "What?" is Toms response. "Now quiet we are hunting file faeries." Is spoken by him before the filing cabinet drawer closes itself. Then the sound of gunfire is heard by Tom coming from the filing cabinet. Tom hits the floor... then people in bordering cubicles start asking Tom what happened. "What? Didn't you hear it?" Tom asks. "Hear what. We didn't hear anything other than you hitting the floor." Is the reply. "Oh well I'm fine." Tom answers. Then with a bit more effort Tom gets them to dismiss it and after a quick check in the filing cabinet that is now personless he gets back to work. He luckily makes it the rest of the work day without anymore incidents.
© Copyright 2008 Lord O Tuna (tunalord at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495589-My-Shadow-a-Disaster-on-Legs-PT1