*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495641-Short-story
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1495641
A story about a gut and girl who are having a troubled relationship.
"What do you mean its impossible?" Fire almost screamed.
"I mean that I can not leave right now. Not with the new year so close. The guys will be wanting me at the yearly pool tournament." Rick said not looking up at her. She nodded and walked away with tears in her eyes. He looked up and watched her go. He sighed and went back to work. A few weeks later when he came home from work he found her sitting on the couch with her coat near by.
"Your leaving?" He asked in a sorta strangled voice.
"Yes. Rick we've been together for 3 years and you've been ignoring me lately. I can hardly talk to you any more." She looked up at him and he could see tears in her eyes. He quickly though of the past few months and he saw that she was right.
"I'm sorry. Please give me another chance. I can do better." She shook her head and got up.
"I can't Rick. We can't be ignoring one another and with the baby-"
"BABY?!?!"
"Yes. That's what I've been trying to tell you lately. I'm about 3 months along."
"Then you have to-"
"No Rick. I can't. I can't handle you ignoring me and having the baby as well." She gave him a watery smile and left.

~FIVE MONTHS LATER~

"Please Fire. Your due in a month. Please let me help." Rick was begging.
"Have you thought over what I said?"
"Yes. I'll agree to anything. Please just come back. The house just hasn't been the same without you there." She was quite for a moment then she nodded.
"All right. I'll come back." She got her things together and he brought her back to his place. Things were almost back to normal. Except that he no longer touched her like he used to. They were formal now. Then three weeks after she had moved back in he came home from work and found her curled up on the floor holding her belly and moaning. He quickly picked her up and laid her on the bed.
"The babies. Rick their coming." She managed to gasp.
"Shhhhh baby its ok. I'll take care of you."
"No Rick. I mean-" he saw the sheets get really dark and wet.
"Oh." he started to freak out then when she screamed he calmed down and did as he was taught to do. Soon he was holding his baby boy and girl. He was so happy and while they were nursing he held them all and couldn't have been more content. They talked for a while and agreed to give their love another shot. And 2 years later they were married and were expecting another bundle of joy.
© Copyright 2008 Rosey Fire (friskybunny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1495641-Short-story