*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496005-The-Stranger
Rated: E · Poetry · Fantasy · #1496005
Woman's mysterious meeting with a dark stranger
He came to me as a thief in the night.
A dark stranger with a debonair smile, he stood shrouded in darkness.
The black of midnight served as his cape whipping wildly, yet solemnly, about him.
All was black.
All save the moonlight reflected in his eyes.
Once pierced by his illuminating gaze, I knew I was done for.
A victim to his masculinity and divinity I fell.
For who could withstand such a man—a man masked in mystery yet so perfectly portrayed?
Engulfed in his essence I slumped to my knees while my skirt billowed around me like a rose in bloom.
He blessed me with a smile—so striking, so sincere.
Suddenly both hands, gloved in darkness, extended toward me.
The right unraveled the left in a most gentle manner, and then proceeded to entreat me as such.
His long, slim fingers moved toward my eyes and then passed as he pushed aside strands of my long, brown hair.
“All the better to see you, my dear.”
His hand lingered on the back of my shoulder, causing a chilly explosion beneath my skin.
Once the internal ice melted he calmly clasped my arm and, with his palm, smoothed away my remaining hesitation.
Finally he upheld my left hand in his.
Through it all, though I was tentative, I was never afraid.
For I knew from the moment he first appeared, looked, and smiled at me I was in love.
All seriousness dashed to his face as his smile vanished and, once again, I could distinguish naught but those eyes.
I gazed straight back.
Though our lips remained sealed our hearts spoke volumes as they reached beyond those windows to the soul.
Without a word our deal was met.
The night, which before seemed unbreakable, shattered.
Its pieces drifted upon the air, then suddenly realigned to encompass my fourth finger in a golden halo that shone brighter than the noon day sun.
Because of my willingness to look passed what I could not see, we were granted unity for eternity.
His strength lifted me from the ground.
His passion enveloped me via his embrace.
And with the first, longed for kiss the hems of our garments entwined.
Our bodies were blown together by a swift, heavenly breeze.
Two minds, two souls, two hearts in an instant became one.
Finally we realized we were sent to rescue each other.
So high unto the sky flew my dark angel and I.
© Copyright 2008 Honey B Fly (dramalights at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496005-The-Stranger