*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496066-2-Minute-Scoop-November-15-2008
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1496066
A recap of some of the week's headlines. This is meant to be filmed.
This week’s scoop-

The economy was on everyone’s mind this week as fears of a global financial crisis worsened.  World leaders even met in Washington this weekend to try to work together to come up with solutions.  Leaders are doing their best to cooperate and consider all options to ease people’s fears.  It is rumored that Governor Sarah Palin was trying to capitalize on the political aspect of the event by offering to donate her RNC purchased wardrobe to help out.  She also told world leaders that they could save money by shopping at consignment stores like she does in her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska. 

Another prominent political figure was back in the headlines this week.  It was leaked that Senator Hillary Clinton is on the short list of candidates for the Obama Administration’s Secretary of State.  When asked to comment, reportedly a Clinton spokeswomen said that if Senator Clinton is not chosen she will continue to fight for the position on behalf of her supporters, or until someone makes her stop.

President Bush still has a few months left in office, and it sounds like world leaders are taking the Bush approach to economic strategy.  Most agree that the economic summit in Washington would be long on talk, but short on action.  When the summit group failed to come up clear recession exit strategy, in the spirit of the Bush doctrine they announced to the press  “Mission Accomplished”.

Wall Street reflected the uncertainty that most people are feeling about the economy.  Investors sent the Dow into another roller coaster week with erratic ups and downs.  It was so bad that brokers were actually seen throwing up on the trading floor from motion sickness.  Pepto and barf bags will be provided at each trading post next week.

In entertainment news, it was reported that the Dark Knight’s box office pull may top 1 billion dollars!  Only three other movies in Hollywood history have hit that mark.  This just in…news from the global summit…allegedly Sarah Palin is offering to dress up like Batman to save the economy.  What a Maverick!






© Copyright 2008 tinawannabe (tinawannabe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496066-2-Minute-Scoop-November-15-2008