*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496873-DEAD-PROPHET
Rated: 13+ · Other · Supernatural · #1496873
But the whole world united shall not prevail against her.
I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind or what, but this afternoon as I was sitting at the table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female figure. So astonished was I that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the purpose of her presence.

Presently I heard a voice saying, "Son of the Republic, look and learn." A heavy white vapor seemed to rise, and as it dissipated, I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out all the countries of the world, and there were billowing waves between Europe and America.

I beheld a dark shadowy being, like an angel, standing, or rather, floating, in midair between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of his hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand and some upon Europe with his left.

I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages, and towns, and cities springing up, one after another, until the whole land, from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them.

Another time I heard the mysterious voice say: "Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn." And with this the dark shadowy figure turned its face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill-omened specter approaching our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city.

The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I saw a bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light on which was traced the word Union, place an American flag between the divided nation and say, "Remember ye are brethren." Instantly, the inhabitants cast away their weapons and became friends once more.

Then once more I beheld the villages, towns, and cities spring up where I had seen them before while the bright angel planted the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them and cried with a loud voice: "While the stars remain and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the union last."

But I received yet another vision and another prophecy. I saw rolling and tossing between Asia and America lay the Pacific. My eyes looked upon a fearful scene. I saw hoards of armed men marching by land and sailing by sea, dimly I saw vast armies devastate whole countries, pillaging and burning great cities. I heard the thundering of cannon, the clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat.

Suddenly I saw the angel upon whose forehead still shone the word Union. and who bore our national flag in one had and a sword in the other. She descended from heaven attended by legions of bright spirits. Again amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard a voice saying: "Son of the Republic, look and learn. What you have just seen is thus interpreted: three great perils will come true upon the Republic, the most fearful for her is the third; but the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live with his God, his land, and his Union."

Who was the author of this amazingly prophetic vision? Was it some fruitcake trying to impersonate Nostradamus? No, he was none other than the Father of our Country, George Washington!

His vision occurred during the agonizing winter of 1777, when Washington was with his troops at Valley Forge. He told it to his friend Anthony Sherman of Philadelphia, who retold it over and over again.
Although Washington's prophetic words were much longer than what I have written above, (due to lack of space), the basics of his incredible vision are written therein.

We must remember that George Washington had this vision when America was on the verge of losing the Revolutionary War and there was no Union yet.

There were only thirteen colonies and all of the land west of the colonies belonged to England, France and Spain, and America as we know it did not stretch from sea to shining sea.

One portion of Washington's prophesy obviously dealt with slavery and the Civil War. The other part presumably was about World War II. What of the last part?

It is the last of Washington's prophesy that is most interesting. Three great perils will come true upon the Republic, the most fearful for her is the third; but the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live with his God, his land, and his Union."

Even from his grave, is the "Father of our Country" trying to tell us something?

Could it be about the perils of Islamic terror?
Could it be about economic disaster?
Could it be about climate change and the destruction of our environment?

The last part - to me - is the most important: Let every child of the Republic learn to live with his God, his land, and his Union."

Think about it!


© Copyright 2008 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1496873-DEAD-PROPHET