*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497033-The-Auction
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1497033
A shop owner has an offer from an old man with an evil agenda in mind
A man walked into the shop with disinterest. He wore a black suit that was wrinkled and stained with a maroon colored liquid that had dried and dug deep into the threads. A silk tie that was the color of blood, a black shirt that held numerous stains, some maroon, some a brown color, and some the color of vomit. On the top of his head, nestled a black bowler hat that was covered with dust.
He looked around, seeing a few customers and shopkeepers that aided them. The store was full of items, old and new; furniture dating back to the 1800’s, clothing from the 1920’s, children’s toys from God knows when… or Devil knows when. He walked to the counter, where a stubby old man, a head shorter then the man in the suit stood behind it. The man looked at the shopkeeper with glaring eyes, “I want to buy this store… And everything in it!” The man exclaimed.
The shopkeeper was surprised and looked at this strange one with a sort of strange amusement, not because he was buying a few pieces of junk, but the whole store; and everything in it!
The stout man waddled to the front of the counter and said with a sly smile, “You mean to tell me, you want to buy this store; and everything in it? The furniture, the clothing-“
“The people…” The man hissed, “The people as well!”
The stout man looked at him in puzzlement and said, “Oh you’re starting a new business! If you are looking fore employees, I’m your man… Now tell me, how much are you planning on buying this store?”
The man in the suit pulled out a leather wallet and checked it, “I will pay… Two million dollars for the store, and another three million dollars for everything in it.”
The stout one smiled with admiration, “I think that can be arranged. Let me get my boss.” The stout one waddled over to lean man that was helping a customer pick up a second hand crib. “Sir, some one wishes to see you! He is a high roller!” the boss smiled at the customer and held up one finger; he rested down the crib and walked over to the strange one.
“Can I help you, sir?” The boss asked, he wore a well tailored suit and a pair of wing tipped shoes, which were polished to a high gloss black.
“Yes, I want to buy this store, and everything in it!” The strange one replied swiftly.
“How much are you planning on paying for this store?” The boss asked.
“Five million dollars.” The strange one replied, “I’ll go higher if you want.”
“Um, well I did get this store for ten million dollars; everything in this store costs roughly about five million dollars…” The boss lied.
“How about this,” The strange one began, “I will buy this store for twenty million dollars, and an extra twelve million dollars for everything in this store…”
“Oh you want to start a business. I’ll take it!” He held out a hand, waiting for the strange one to take it.
“Not yet…” The strange one whispered. He looked at the doors and suddenly, a huge wardrobe glided and was pushed up against the glass doors. Every piece of furniture moved towards the exits and blocked off anyone who tried to escape.
The boss and the stout man looked at the items blocking the exits. The boss turned to the strange one and saw that he was human no more. He was a shadow; two large horns were where his hat was.
The boss looked down and saw the creature was grasping his hand, “Deal! Everyone is mine now, even you!” His face drained and collapsed onto the floor, as he fell he could hear laughing from that creature, crying and screaming from customers and employees.
As he hit the floor he realized he just sold every person’s soul that was in this store; to the Devil.

© Copyright 2008 NStampy (nate93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497033-The-Auction