*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497726-Confessions-of-a-Facebook-Addict
by Medz
Rated: E · Article · Comedy · #1497726
Hello, my name is...
Warning: The following passage is completely fictional, any similarities to the reader, or anyone they know, are completely coincidental...


Hello, allow me to introduce myself, I am a face-book addict…. My confession comes with great difficulty on my part. Recognizing the problem was difficult at first, acknowledging it came with great resistance, but confession, confession is a completely separate issue… These are my confessions…

It started slow, I had heard of websites such as Hi5, or some shit like that, but I had remained strong in my decision to not join these diseased social websites, where people can always seem to “connect”, what ever that meant… One day I was out with friends, as I’m sure that is how it began for most of us, and one of my friends, no doubt nothing less than the devils advocate, uttered the words “face book”… And as if those words had a life of their own, they drifted through the air to subliminally plant themselves into my subconscious, and if that was true, then that is indeed what those words had performed…

Days went by, and nothing happened, until one day… Not a special day of any sorts, in fact it was hot, and humid, and rather nasty weather, middle of the work week, a slow work day it was…

As I sat there bored, and googling the word bored… Two words surfaced suddenly, as if two air bubbles popping as they broke free from the depths… Face… Book… The demon had awakened. My fingers, hypnotized, as they danced over the keyboard typing in the address, and as soon as I pressed enter, the white and blue website glared at me through the screen… It seduced me, it enticed me, and it spoke to me in languages of 1’s and 0’s that I had never heard before… A sheep off to the slaughter, I signed up…

I filled out all my personal information, and let Face Book know who I am, and what I do, my hobbies, and my interests, where I’ve been, when and where I was born, my zip code… and eventually I let them know who my friends are, and to my surprise a lot of them were already on there… a feeling of shock mixed with comfort overwhelmed me, at least I’m not alone, I thought…

I won’t post a picture… yet… I was stunned, just for thinking of posting my picture, and adding the word yet, meant there is a possibility… but I can’t… I have dedicated many moments mocking those who plastered their pictures on these socially diseased websites… I will not post mine… I will not be one of them… a week later, I joined the ranks… I hadn’t realized it yet, but I was in too deep like a narc who has been undercover for so long, I was an addict and hadn’t noticed it yet… my days were numbered…

End of Part 1.
© Copyright 2008 Medz (mmohamed1604 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497726-Confessions-of-a-Facebook-Addict