*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497755-What-is-Truth
by Eric T
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Emotional · #1497755
My blathering on about truth.
What is truth? The truth of anything can change. There are absolutes such as gravity and other scientific standards, but is that a truth. What I see as truth may only be an opinion. If I can convince someone to believe in a truth does that make the truth real or is it only me manipulating someone to see an idea object or otherwise in the same light as myself. Is there a difference between a truth and an opinion and who decides? If I answer a question such as what is my favorite color and I answer blue. Does that mean I like all blues or some blues and if it isn’t all blues does that make my answer false? Do we answer questions in generalities to save time is that a social standard we all live by.  If my answer changes in several years does that make my previous answer to that question false, in fact does it make me a liar or uninformed of my true desire if I change my answer to say green.

Does not knowing the truth but stating you do actually believing your answer is true make you a liar simply due to your ignorance to the actual truth?  I am struggling to come up with a good example of a truth that turned out to be false but there was no way of knowing at the time that it was false.

This is a rubbish subject that I am just too committed to at this point to abandon. There must be reams and reams of articles by persons who did actual research or are clearer of mind than this shit that I am writing. That to me is a truth that most likely will not be false.

I am interested in knowing the truth and living the truth. It seems simple enough, be honest act in a manner that is true to your heart and don’t lie. As you get older I think it is harder to live by the truth if you have conditioned yourself to lie or be less than forth coming with information. Funny thing, in a relationship the truth is a difficult commodity to keep your hands wrapped around. What I believe is the truth or if I feel the truth is being kept from me than there is a lie. Deception is a lie but is it untrue. If the partner is deceiving in that information or knowledge is withheld for “the good” of the relationship is that being truthful.  I think it is. Being unable to recognize or using excuses of ignorance is an excuse of someone unwilling to put effort in and commit to a life with the other person. I believe deep inside we all know the truth but use any and all excuses to keep from admitting it if there is a payoff. Autonomy is a wonderful payoff, especially if someone has a fear of losing themselves in a relationship. What would be the reasoning behind someone wanting something, getting it and then holding it as far away as possible while keeping an appearance of being in it? Is that living in truth? I don’t want to live the second half of my life and regret not putting myself 100% in the most important relationship of my life.

© Copyright 2008 Eric T (01ericd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1497755-What-is-Truth