*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498243-When-The-Budgie-Hits-The-Fan
by onaya3
Rated: 13+ · Article · Political · #1498243
An opinion piece on guns I wrote a number of years ago, but the feelings remain the same.
When the Budgie Hits the Fan…


Human Beings are just some of the stupidest creatures to live on this Earth. Why, do you ask, is it that this author makes her arrogant claim? Two words actually, no four – guns, children and gun lobbies. What, do you ask, does she ground her claim on? Well… have you watched the news on TV lately? Particularly in this decade perhaps? Murder, murder, murder, usually by shooting the victims with guns. Murder is great, murder is fun (for those on borderline schizophrenia, I’m being sarcastic), murder is so done today that even the family can get involved! Don’t like Mum serving you vegetables for dinner? Shoot her. Don’t like Dad not having time to play Football with you? Shoot him. And if little Johnny/Jenny even looks at your chocolate stash one more time… But why stick to the home? Why not bring the guns into school? USA teens have discovered this joy, on more than one occasion. Guns are here, guns are there, guns, guns, guns, are everywhere! “Why aren’t the parents locking them (the guns, that is) away…?” you hear the anguished cries… well guess what! The parents are, it’s just that hiding places never stopped little Johnny/Jenny from finding the Christmas presents before, why should guns or keys to gun cabinets be any different?

There is a simple solution to all this, one so blatant that it can hit you in the face… why not just get rid of the guns? Why not get those triggers away from little (or big) itchy fingers? It’s because every time someone even starts to mutter that sentence, gun lobbies jump up in the air about their rights to bear arms. After all, look at who’s at the head of gun lobby in the USA, none other than the retired action hero, Charlton Heston. Hmmm, now I’m not saying that any actor who plays such empty-headed, violent roles will turn into a chairperson for a gun lobby, but why can’t Mr. Heston take a lesson from another action hero? Arnold Schwarzenegger spends his free time teaching kiddies to eat properly, not aim properly.

I read in the paper, The Sun Herald, that in Washington D.C. they were going to impose a curfew on teenagers from 11 PM. Gee, I wonder why the land of the free would impose such a rule on its young…? Could it be because they could get up to mischief and general no good? Could it be because they’re carrying GUNS perhaps? Yes, you’re right, Mr. Senator, that the children should be in bed by midnight, and perhaps that will stop any shootings from happening at night. Are you going to impose this on the psychopathic adults too, perhaps? Then what happens during the day?

The dinosaurs, especially the T-Rex, were renowned killers. They were also known for having brains the size of apples and were generally not very brilliant. Just imagine that if they had gotten their claws on a machine gun… the great meteor that supposedly brought them to extinction would have been unnecessary. But then these stupid monsters killed for survival. What reason can we use to justify ourselves? On this line of thinking, the Darwin Theory of Evolution doesn’t have to worry about our species; nature doesn’t have to plot a meteorite or an earthquake for our extinction to make way for a more advanced species. We can do it ourselves.

© Copyright 2008 onaya3 (onaya3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498243-When-The-Budgie-Hits-The-Fan