*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498439-Ticket-to-the-Big-Time
by Gowide
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1498439
Jack finds that life has consequences
A Ticket to the Big Time
Prologue

Jack, a buff highway patrol motorcycle officer, was finishing his shift for the day by patrolling the gated streets of an exclusive suburb. It wasn't an assignment he liked because it was boring. His management liked this king of work because it was safe for the officers and the fines padded the state budget. There was occasional speeding which was hard to catch on the short runs between intersections. The big catch was seatbelt violations, although even with these it was hard to get his quota. Most of the drivers in this neighborhood were law-abiding sheep and fastened their seatbelts religiously. His best bet was with teen-agers and young people but today they seemed to be scarce. He was short for his ticket quota and his boss made sure to give the worst assignments to officers who he felt were slacking off so Jack was anxious to give at least one more ticket before heading back to base. There was not much time left before his shift ended. Then he sighted his prey.

Brad, a junior college student, was driving his beat-up SUV back to his parents place after a fruitless afternoon putting in job applications. He was tired and after a frustrating afternoon, the seat belts were very confining for his 300 pound bulk. He was eager to reach home and get comfortable. Turning onto his street and just one-half block from his house he sighed in relief as he clicked off his seatbelt. Immediately, Jack turned on his lights and followed him into his driveway.
Day One

Jack

Jack stretched his lean, muscular 6' 4” body as he moved from the motorcycle to the SUV. He was proud of his the chiseled good looks, wide shoulders, beefy chest and narrow waist which he maintained 10 years after graduating from college. He didn’t have the body builder bulk that some of his brother officers worked hard to maintain. There was no doubt in his mind that he had the best body in the division. He strode powerfully over to the SUV demonstrating the power and confidence of an alpha-male.
“Your license and registration, please,” he barked at the driver. When he saw the size of the kid in the SUV, he could barely restrain his disgust for someone who let themselves get so fat.
“The kid must weight over 300 pounds,” he was thinking as he wrote the ticket. Feeling even more pleased with his studliness, he rode back to the station anticipating a five mile run and dinner with his girlfriend. He never noticed that he had left his sunglasses on the roof of the SUV where he put them while writing the ticket..

Brad

Brad was frustrated as the tall, arrogant officer wrote him the ticket. He always wore his seatbelt but today he just couldn’t wait to get free and popped the belt just before he got home. Now he was looking at a $100 ticket when he did not even have a job yet. There was no reason to give him a ticket in his own driveway. Also, that officer had been so cocky, verging on sarcasm as he discussed the offense and wrote the ticket. What right did anyone have to act so superior? But he did forget some pretty flashy sunglasses. They might make him feel a bit better about the ticket

Jack

Jack laughed as he told Ashley, his girlfriend, about ticketing the fat kid for a seatbelt violation. Ashley was a legal secretary at a high power law firm, model thin and strikingly beautiful. The couple was enjoying a healthy dinner of broiled chicken, steamed vegetables and fruit at Ashley's apartment. He sometimes stayed over but tonight he was heading back to his place because Ashley was leaving for a visit with her parents in Alabama early next morning. As he drove back to his apartment, he couldn't help wondering how he might keep occupied while she was gone. He guessed that he would work something out.

Brad

At first, Brad could only be frustrated at getting the seatbelt ticket. He knew that he had no chance of challenging the ticket and it seemed unlikely that there was any he could get revenge on that cocky patrolman, but then he remembered the comparative religion class he had last semester. As a part of the course, he had been required to find an alternative religious group and learn about it. To his surprise, he had located a real witch and found something about her powers. He was amazed to learn that she really did cast spells and make curses but that normally, she lived a pretty normal like. She had a job, a family and her share of problems. She seemed to like him and was pleased when she read what he had written. Maybe she could help him.

Next Day

Lorna

Lorna was surprised when she received a call from the student who had talked to her about witchcraft earlier in the year. He was a cute kid, despite being seriously overweight, and he had treated her with respect in his paper so she agreed to meet him after school. She immediately related to his experience with the officer. She, also had received a ticket for an improper stop on the way to pick up her daughter had that officer had been arrogant as well, although hers was a big-bellied, middle-aged guy, not a young jock like Brad’s. She told Brad that she could only help him if he had something that belonged to the officer. He gave her the sunglasses and asked if they would work. She told him she would try but not to expect too much. She had an idea but wanted to work it out without getting his hopes up. She could tell him later if it worked..

Jack

Jack was relieved that today assignment was normal street patrol instead of the neighborhood duty he had been pulling all week. As the day progressed, it occurred to him that with Ashley out of town, he was on his own for dinner and diversion. He could eat out or he could go shopping for food since there was hardly anything in his cupboards or refrigerator to eat. He decided that with two weeks on his own, he needed to restock the kitchen. He might as well pick up something for dinner as well. Maybe a steak would hit the spot tonight. He was certainly getting sick of all the chicken, fish and salad he had been eating lately.

Lorna

Lorna settled into a table at the coffee house next to the supermarket and waited with a cappuccino. Time would tell if her spell was working. Then she saw a young highway patrol office step up to the counter and order a large white chocolate mocha with whipped cream. This was the signal she was looking for. She had cast the spell to bring the officer here and order the most calorie packed drink on the menu. Here he was. He was just as Brad had described; lean, muscular and cocky as he awaited his drink. She noted the tailored fit of his uniform pants and tapered shirt. The lines of the bullet-proof vest under his shirt emphasized the width of his shoulders. She had no doubt that he was quite successful with the ladies. He picked up his drink walked past the empty tables in the coffee house and asked Lorna if he could join her. They sat for several minutes apparently holding a lively discussion. Then Jack arose, picked up his sunglasses and left. Lorna sipped her coffee and smiled.

Jack

As Jack hauled six hefty grocery bags from his car to his apartment, he wondered to himself what he had been thinking when he bought all this food. Normally his pantry contained whole grain cereal, some fruit and non-fat milk. Now he found himself unloading eggs, bacon, milk, ice cream, beer, pasta, canned sauces in wholesale quantities.” I have room for it,” he thought “and most of the stuff will keep until I use it.”

He popped a beer while he unwrapped the 16 ounce steak, oiled two jumbo potatoes and waited for the oven to warm up. He knew that he would never eat that much but the challenge excited him. Two beers later, the potatoes were in the oven and he was lighting the grill for the steak and by the time the steak and potatoes were ready to eat, he was well into the second six-pack and feeling mellow. Not even hungry at this point, Jack loaded the potatoes with butter and sour cream and took an experimental bite thinking that the whole cooking exercise had been a waste of time and money.

He chewed the flaky potato mixing the smoothness of the melting butter and the cool of the sour cream and experienced a burst of flavor like he had never felt before. He greedily dug into the massive potato which quickly vanished. The second followed and then he noticed the big lonely steak. He had cooked it beautifully with a seared exterior and red juiciness inside and when he cut the first piece and began chewing, it was better than sex. He finished the steak, particularly savoring the crusty edge of fat and hauled himself to the lounge chair where he finished the third six-pack and drifted into a contented sleep with his hands resting contentedly on his full belly.



Day Two
Jack

Jack awoke feeling very refreshed and full of energy. He was looking forward to his two days off before returning to work. He decided to have an early run and then take care of all the personal things that never get done during a workweek. He dressed quickly and started on his favorite run – almost six miles through some woods and parkland. He enjoyed feeling his lean body powering up the hills and was feeling such a rush that he almost kept running when he reached his apartment. As he showered and shaved, he admired the muscular power of his body, the chiseled chin and jawbones of his face. Ice-blue eyes and light brown hair cut in a flat top gave his face a military look. He gave himself a wink as he checked out his flat belly rippling with muscle. No sign of the food overload last night. The scale read 195 pounds like he expected. He pulled on his 34 x 36 levis which hung on his hipbones and an XLT t-shirt ready to face the day. Now he was ready for some breakfast.

The kitchen was clean, showing no evidence of his overindulgence the night before. Perhaps he had only dreamed about that luscious steak. The dishwasher and trash can were full, however, corroborating his memory and two empty ice cream boxes suggested that he had found room for desert while performing the kitchen cleanup. Relieved that his memory was still working, Jack pulled out the cereal box and milk and started the coffee maker for his normal eat-at-home breakfast.

Pouring a cup of coffee, black they way he always took it, and taking his cereal, topped with a sliced banana to the table, he started eating. The cereal went down quickly. The coffee, on the other hand, was missing something. In the refrigerator, Jack found whipping cream and honey which turned the coffee from bitter medicine into ambrosia. He fixed another bowl of cereal and worked his way through the morning paper. Not quite to the sports section, he found the cereal box empty, the bananas gone and the cream container drained with the coffee carafe still half full. He wasn’t anywhere close to full. Jack still needed something to take the edge off his morning appetite. Although his pantry was stocked he still needed something more substantial. Jack decided that hitting the neighborhood coffee shop was the best way to jump-start his day. He could avoid the preparation time for a more hearty breakfast at home and get started on his tasks for the day earlier.
It was mid-morning by the time he was seated and he was the only customer. He picked his booth and looked over the menu. The Denver omelet seemed to be just what he needed. He ordered and started to read the sports page. The omelet came and vanished and Jack, still hungry, ordered biscuits and gravy. They vanished as well and Jack still needed something to top off the meal. “Something sweet”, he thought and ordered pancakes. He could not believe how good everything tasted. Each bite gave him a rush and a desire for two more. It was hard to stop ordering but the pancakes left him feeling comfortably full. By the time all this was consumed, the lunch trade had started to fill the coffee shop and Jack was feeling ready to take on the day. Originally, Jack had intended to hit the gym and get his car serviced, but with the breakfast pushing his belly out over his belt, Jack decided that a nap was the highest priority and headed back to his apartment. where his lounge chair beckoned.

When he woke at 3:00 in the afternoon, Jack’s belly was still bulging and tight. He wanted to stay in his lounge chair and enjoy the feeling but he still had things to do. He needed to get his car to the shop before they closed and he could stop at the gym on his way home. With all the food he had consumed today, the walk would be good for him. He got the car to the shop, put in an upper body workout and got back home by 5:00.

Day Three

Jack

He awoke at seven, feeling eager to face the day. He did a set of body weight exercises, showered, shaved and pulled on shorts and a t-shirt. He approached the kitchen with some trepidation, remembering that he had cooked dinner last night but not remembering any cleanup. Like yesterday, the kitchen was clean but the dishwasher held the evidence of a spaghetti dinner and he found pizza boxes and pudding tubs in the trash. Jack remembered cooking the spaghetti, fixing up the sauce with some Italian sausages before the baseball game started last night. He was surprised at how much spaghetti resulted from cooking the whole box, and astounded that after all he had eaten earlier in the day, it tasted so good that he had eaten the whole batch washed down with a liter of zinfandel and sopped up the rest of the sauce with a loaf of garlic bread. Halfway through the game, the pizza commercials were too much to resist and he ordered delivery. He didn’t remember finishing the game or the pizza but there were no leftovers anywhere. He could not remember ever enjoying the taste of food so intensely as the past two days. He was feeling great and he had never felt so strong or effective in his workouts. “This could be a problem if I keep eating like this “, he thought. “But when I get back to my work schedule tomorrow, it will be easier to keep my eating under control.”

Now Jack started looking for something for breakfast. He had eaten all the cereal and bananas yesterday but he found eggs, bacon and a package of frozen hash brown potatoes. He scrambled four eggs, cooked six slices of bacon and one-quarter of the potatoes. While they were cooking, he broke into a box of donuts and poured a glass of milk. It all tasted so good that the whole meal was gone before he even got it to the table. He wanted more. He cooked eight more eggs, the rest of the bacon and potatoes. This was enough to let him focus on his plans for the day while he worked though another dozen doughnuts and a half gallon of milk. His belly had been flat when he woke this morning but it sure wasn’t flat now.

Since the car would be ready at 2:00. Jack spent the rest of the morning paying bills and balancing his checkbook. At noon he began walking to get his car, remembering as he walked that there was a Chinese buffet on the way.

The Buffet was just one block from his garage. Not really hungry, Jack thought that it would be a good idea to stop on the way. He would get lunch out of the way and he probably wouldn’t need to worry about dinner tonight. His mouth was watering at the thought of fried calamari and spring rolls. The lunch crowd was thinning when he entered. He stacked a plate with fried calamari, put another plate on his tray with a dozen spring rolls and filled the gaps with fried noodles. With a giant cup of soda to wash it down, he found a comfortable booth and spread out his plates. This food, like everything else he had eaten in the past 72 hours tasted better than he ever imagined. Every time he went back, he saw something new and he only stopped when the restaurant closed down the lunch buffet to prepare for dinner. It was 4:00 when he picked up his car. His belly was leading as he drove home. He headed for the lounge chair and soon was snoring contentedly with his hands cupping his now prominent belly.

Two Weeks Later

Ashley

On the flight returning from her parents, Ashley began working out how she was going to tell Jack that she was going to marry Clayton. She and Jack had been a couple for three years but she had been seeing Clayton, an new partner at her law firm for about a year on the side without Jack’s knowledge. He had proposed and she had accepted. She loved Jack's body and enjoyed being with him but she was not ready to live the rest of her life on a patrolman's salary. Clayton had been every bit as attractive as Jack five years ago when she had started at the law firm, but expense account meals had added 30 pounds to his frame. He looked powerful in his $2,000 suits but in casual clothes he fit right in with her big-bellied, Alabama farm boy cousins. The purpose of the trip was to introduce Clayton to her parents and announce the engagement. Now she had to break the news to Jack and quick.

Jack

Jack was worried. Ashley was due back today and he hadn't managed to get his eating under control. At first, his food urges had been easier to control with the workday discipline of his job but each day he was finding new ways to fit more eating into his schedule. He was still eating much more than normal and the food he was eating was high calorie. The first day back at work, he had picked up two breakfast sandwiches and some cream-laden coffee on his way to the station. This was double what he normally got. They quickly vanished and he stopped again, this time picking up four. He was finishing the last when he pulled into the parking lot. Surely this would be enough to hold him until lunch.

Jennifer

Jennifer was the office manager for the regional highway patrol office. She was a big girl at 5’ 11” and 145 pounds. She was a good looking compromise between Jane Russell and the girl next door. Her job was to take care of the patrol officers who needed a place to prepare their paperwork and the desk officers who were there all day. Most of the desk officers were either sitting at desk jobs because they had gotten too big for patrol duty or had gotten big after getting a desk assignment. Jennifer liked big guys and contributed to maintaining their size by bringing in pastries and donuts from her uncle’s bakery. Her desk officers were big consumers of her offerings. The patrol officers might take one, or they might not. One or two had graduated to desk duty since she had started. Jack, however, had never acknowledged the pastries and ignored Jennifer unless he needed supplies. Jack’s lean hardbody held no attraction for her and she thought that it would snow in hell before Jack would gain enough weight to interest her.

She was surprised, therefore to see Jack, who usually came off as too good to even say hello to his office mates and eat anything unhealthy, grab two big pastries to take to his desk. She saw him eat them quickly and then after returning from a trip to the copy machine, she saw two more on his desk. Over the past two weeks she saw him increase the quantities and start wrapping some extras up in a napkin as he left on patrol. Something was up with Jack.

Jack

Jack had always been condescending to the fat desk officers. He had never given a second thought to Jennifer, the office manager, who he saw as a big-boned country girl. He never looked at the pastries she provided for her fat boys, but now they beckoned. And once he started, it was hard to stop eating them. With the candy bars, he had begun stockpiling in his motorcycle, the two or three fast food lunches he snagged on his breaks during the day and the trips to the Chinese Buffet after his workouts, he wasn't cutting back on food. If he managed to eat less at an individual meal, he made up for it by increasing the number of meals. He had increased his exercise program, adding another run each week and getting more intense with his gym workouts.

In spite of the added exercise, his clothes were beginning to be tight, particularly his uniform pants and jeans. His belly wasn't bulging but he was still having a hard time getting his uniform pants buttoned and he couldn't get his jeans past his thighs. The tailor had told him that his waist was only 36” but he needed 40” waist pants to have room for his hips and thighs. The new pants were more comfortable and his shirts were fine once he had the tapering removed.

Ashley had called and wanted to see him tonight. He didn't want her to see him like this. He also didn’t know how he could manage on the quantity of food Ashley viewed as adequate. He knew she would be disgusted by his new appetite and tastes. He also didn’t want to return to the 'healthy' diet or her controlling ways. But she was gorgeous. She also loved him. So he owed her the return of that love. Maybe he could live her lifestyle part of the time and his for the rest. Maybe she wouldn't notice the 15 new pounds on his but and thighs.

Clayton

Ashley had asked Clayton to be with her when she told Jack about their engagement. He hadn’t wanted to do it but he decided that a man needs to support his woman so here he was. He had met Jack at some office functions. He hadn't liked him much. Jack was cocky and imposing. Clayton was shorter, about 6 ‘, and had a pretty good physique when he started at the law firm. Fifty pounds of good living later; he needed custom tailoring to look his best. And he was looking his best for Ashley tonight even if his suit coat wouldn’t button over his belly. It was time to see the tailor again – or stop eating.

Clayton was sitting on the couch when Jack arrived. He greeted Jack and shook hands while looking him up and down. Jack looked different. What Clayton had remembered about Jack was the lean power that he projected. The Jack that stood before him looked just as powerful but also softer and broader.
Clayton could feel Jack's eyes focused on his own belly under his suit coat.

Ashley

Ashley felt better about her decision once Jack had arrived at her apartment. During her trip, she kept remembering the perfection of Jack's body and she felt constant remorse about giving him up for fat Clayton. Now that she saw him in the flesh, he didn't look quite so perfect. Was her memory so flawed? Or maybe Jack was never as well-built as she had fantasized. She noted as he walked over to shake Clayton's hand that his ass, which she remembered as lean, was more of a bubble butt even under the baggy cargo pants. Suddenly it was clear to her. Jack was getting fat too. She was now at peace with her decision. It would have been bad enough to have married Jack with a perfect body and live on a patrolman’s salary. It would be impossible if he grew into a fat cop.

Jack

Jack didn’t know how to take the news about Ashley's engagement. On the one hand, he would be spared any conflict over his new appetite. On the other hand, she had rejected him for a man who was only a few beers short of being fat. True, he was finding her tedious and controlling but it would have been more satisfying if he had rejected her. His emotions were fighting as he wished them well and left the apartment. As the elevator took him down to the street, the pain and disappointment about his rejection faded to relief. When he walked out of the elevator, he was pondering one question: Where can I get something to eat at this hour?

Month Four

Jack

After Ashley dumped him, Jack's life changed even more. Before, Ashley would shop and prepare meals. Jack had never concerned himself with food shopping or what he was eating and his refrigerator and pantry were bare. Now stocking them was his number one priority. Food was such an important part of his day that he stopped at the supermarket almost every day on the way home. Now both were full and his living room took the overflow.

His wardrobe had changed as well. He had outgrown almost everything he owned. He had bought new uniform pants twice - now wearing 46’s, which he needed to have enough room for his butt and thighs but which had to be taken in to fit his 41” waist. He needed an XLT shirt. His casual clothes had changed more. He had formerly lived in jeans but now the jeans that were big enough for his thighs and hips were ridiculously big at the waist. He was now most comfortable in baggy cargo pants and casual pants with half elastic waistbands. He had given up his bikini briefs for full baggy boxers. He had not made too much of an investment in new clothes because his body seemed to be a work in progress.

His new bulk- he weighed 245 pounds this morning- was firm because his number two priority had become exercise. He still ran three times a week and he had stepped up his gym work so that he was working out longer and more intensely than before. Food still tasted so good that it was hard for him to stop eating and his capacity had grown so much that he couldn't remember the last time he stopped because he was full.

Jennifer

Jennifer had never given much thought to Jack. First, he was just too skinny. And second, he acted like he was better than everyone else. He would never initiate a conversation with anyone in the office or show any interest in anything happening there. But lately, he had been filling out. His face had broadened and the sharp angles of his jaw had softened. Also his arms and chest were bigger. But the biggest change was his ass. Before, it had been flat but now it was an imposing mass which was impossible to miss. Seated, Jack appeared as a muscled, slightly overfed guy. Standing, he showed more heft as you saw the width of his hips and thighs, but from the back, all you noticed was two big cannonballs resting on tree trunk legs. This was a new Jack that made her tingle. “Too bad he is such a prick”, she thought.

Month Six

Jennifer

Jack was one of her fat boys now. The sight of Jack’s wide ass on his motorcycle was something that the brass wanted to keep from the public. For a few weeks, he had patrolled in a cruiser but even the sight of Jack cramming himself into, or hoisting himself out the patrol car did not create the proper respect for an officer, so here he was - all 275 pounds of him seated at his desk all day. From the rear, his two butt-cheeks were watermelon size and his thighs bulged in all directions. From the side, Jack’s big back porch bulged majestically out from the curve of his back, way overpowering his muscled chest and small belly. Jennifer had never seen a body quite like Jack's. Her other fat boys all had good-sized bellies but only one had an ass to match Jack’s.

Jack

More changes in Jack's life. The sport car was gone. It had gotten to be a real chore getting his big ass into that little thing, but even more of a problem was getting out. He was overfilling the bucket seat but then he found that his hips were wedging between the console and the door. After the other patrol officers began to hand out in the parking lot waiting for Jack's arrival just to watch his struggle, he decided that the sports car had to go. The replacement was a big quad-cab pickup truck with a bench seat. It was much better than the sport car for hauling groceries and there was plenty of room if his ass got bigger. Now he was wearing 2XLT shirts and 3XL pants which had to be cut in 5” at the waist. His 30” thighs strained his pants when he sat. He wasn't running anymore either. He had started to have knee pains and his doctor had advised him to find a low shock exercise. He just stopped running and stepped up the gym program.

Work was a drag. Sitting in the office for the whole day was difficult for Jack. He still didn't think much of the 'fat boys' in the office. Where six months ago, he thought that it was disgusting that they let themselves get so fat, now they didn't look that fat to him but still all they talked about was watching their weight, while constantly snacking on Jennifer's treats and planning their lunches. The only one that he could put up with was Chuck.

Chuck

Chuck was 45, fifteen years older than Jack. He was two months away from retirement. Chuck was tired of the effort to maintain 185 pounds on his 6' frame and now, one year after his decision to retire, he was one of the fat boys at 250. He had been a good officer and knew that though the brass might fuss about his weight, he would make his retirement with no hassle. He liked eating and as he indulged his appetite, it had grown with him. He was divorced for ten years and his boys were in college now, so it was pretty much him and his belly when the workday ended. The other fat boys were either married or dating and they all claimed to be dieting. Jack, the new boy, had always seemed an arrogant prick back when he was thin and on patrol. Chuck knew that his girlfriend had dumped him and as far as he could tell, he did not have a new one. He did know the boy liked to eat. Maybe he would like some company at dinner some time.

Lorna

Lorna had taken her corner table at the coffee house to wait for Jack. She was curious how her spell had developed because this was quite different from her normal efforts. She wouldn't have recognized him. He was not in uniform, wearing a snug t-shirt, which emphasized the muscles in his chest and arms, and baggy cargo shorts which billowed around a massive ass supported by huge legs. He joined her at the table bringing his rich coffee drink along with a large piece of cheesecake and four cookies. His face was still good-looking though broader and fuller and with a decided double chin. His eyes were as beautiful as before and in this new face, they seemed more contented. She had to admire her handiwork. “This spell is a keeper”, she decided, watching him enjoys his food. ” I wonder what it would do for my husband?”

Jack

Jack wasn’t sure why he had the urge for coffee on his way to dinner but he had to agree that a little cheesecake was always good. He had agreed to meet Chuck at a new buffet for dinner but he wasn’t sure that it was a good idea. First, Chuck was an old guy, over 45 and on the verge of retiring. What could they have in common? Second, he was used to eating alone and when he started, he wanted to continue until he was done. He didn't like the idea of being sociable when eating. Still, Chuck seemed to be a serious eater and he never talked about going on a diet. If it didn't work out, he would just eat enough to be sociable and leave.

Chuck

Chuck decided that if Jack was insufferable, he could bail after a short time. He hoped that it wouldn't be necessary because he really liked this buffet and his belly really needed a good stuffing. He picked a good table and waited with a pitcher of beer to keep him company. Just as the beer was running out and Chuck was about to start without him, he saw Jack filling the door and soon he was at the table. Neither was interested in chit chat and they hit the buffet.

Two hours later, Chuck took a break. Jack was off loading up another tray of delights. Chuck had begun tapering down two trips ago, selecting smaller portions and taking longer to get them down but Jack seemed to have no limits. There had been no conversation between the two after the initial hello. They each had a different eating style. Jack like to take massive portions of one item and work two plates at once. Chuck like to mix up items on his plates but he, also, liked the efficiency of working two plates at a time. “I think I’m ready for the desert table,” he said to Jack. Jack only nodded and continued shoveling. When Chuck returned with a loaded desert tray, Jack was massaging his swollen belly and looking at his empty plates.

Jack

“Here it goes”, Jack thought as Chuck announced that he was ready for desert. Dinner had gone well so far, mainly because neither Chuck nor Jack had a thought in their heads besides filling up. He continued eating. When Chuck returned, he had cleaned his plates and was thinking that Chuck was right. It was time for desert. Jack liked to start with the bulkier items like pies and cobblers, cookies and cakes and then work himself through pudding and cheesecake before finishing up with ice cream. Chuck had no system, just picking what he liked and coming back for more. Chuck finished first, sitting dazed and contented with a cup of coffee while Jack fixed himself a huge hot fudge sundae and sucked it down. “Pretty good place”, he said. ” And the company is good also”. Chuck added.

Ninth Month

Chuck

Chuck had planned to hit 300 pounds by his retirement date. He was on target to beat that goal. What troubled him was Jennifer. When he had asked her out, it was just as a diversion in his routine. He quickly found that she was good company, got his testosterone raging and could cook like a pro. She seemed to enjoy his company but he was concerned about their age difference and her desire to have children. This wasn’t how he had imagined retirement but maybe a new wife and family would keep him young. He was afraid to bring it up because he was afraid of her rejection. He was looking at several business opportunities after retirement but the uncertainty about his personal life made him hesitate.

Jack

Jack was now definitely the biggest of the fat boys at 330 pounds. He and Chuck had become good friends over the past months. At least they spent a lot of time together. Most of that time, they both had their mouths full so there wasn’t much conversation. Jack found that he liked having a dinner companion because he felt a lot less conspicuous with the big-bellied Chuck at the same table. He still didn’t have much of a belly but every other part of his body was huge. 3XLT shirts and 4XL pants were what he was wearing now. Since his exercise program and his appetite filled up most of his non-working hours, friendship hadn't been a priority before but he felt closer to Chuck than any guy since high school.

Chuck

Chuck found that he enjoyed eating with Jack. His competitiveness and Jack’s appetite caused him to eat much more that he would have alone. Also, Jack was so massive, particularly from behind that Chuck felt inconspicuous in his presence. He felt that no one would notice how much Chuck could eat so long as Jack was running interference.

Jennifer

Jack was a problem. Most of her fat boys, though unable to get back to patrol weight, managed to stay under the department limits. Jack just kept on growing. At 300 pounds, he was given six months notice to lose 50 pounds. He certainly hadn't lost any weight and she couldn't see any that he was cutting back on the food consumption on the job.

Jack

The suspension notice had Jack worried. Up to now, he had not given a thought to the consequences of his weight gain. He had tried to eat less but everything he ate tasted so good that it was impossible to stop eating and it seemed that his belly could hold anything he wanted to eat. He was up 30 pounds since the notice and, for the first time showing a belly in addition to the massive but and love-handles of his lower body. His face was now round with jowls and chin hiding the strong jawbones. He had given up the flattop as his hairline had receded and now just wore a buzz cut. When he looked in the mirror, he no longer saw a rugged, cocky patrol office. What he saw looked more like a truck driver. He had to get his weight down - and fast. Or else find some other career.
One year and counting

Jack

Jack was terminated by the Highway Patrol two weeks ago. He was 375 pounds on his final day. He just packed up his personal items and slipped away. There was no need to be consoled by the fat boys. He was moving on. He had turned up several job opportunities where he hoped his law enforcement experience would give him an edge. He had even applied for a deputy position out in the country but he was certain that his law-enforcement career was over. He had interviewed for five jobs during the last two weeks. Two rejections so far but there were three jobs still pending.. While waiting, there wasn't much to do besides eat and exercise and, as a result, this morning he weighed 390. He was twice the man of one year ago.

Without his salary, he needed to keep his expenses down so he was fixing his own breakfast instead of hitting a restaurant. This morning he fixed a dozen eggs, two chubs of sausage, a large package of frozen hash brown potatoes and a loaf of break, toasted with butter and jam. He washed that all down with a gallon of milk. By the time he finished breakfast, the edge was off his appetite but he suddenly had an urge to get some coffee. It wouldn’t break his budget so long as he hit the Chinese buffet for lunch.

As he dressed for the day, he discovered where the new weight had settled. His chinos still fit his butt and thighs but the waist was no longer loose and his belt forced up not only the huge love handles but a newly prominent belly bulging in front. He couldn't button his 4XL shirt over this new belly and it caused his T-shirt to ride up. He pulled the T-shirt down and left the shirt un-buttoned. “It's not like I will run into anyone I know,” he thought. His mouth watered at the thought of the coffee drink and pastries-- and then the gorging at the buffet after that.

Lorna

She thought that at one year, it was time to terminate the spell on Jack. She couldn’t resist an opportunity to see what she had done to him so she called Jack to the coffee house one last time. She was sipping her latte when Jack arrived. He was even more imposing than last time. He filled the door with his broad shoulders and broader hips but as he moved to the counter, she could see that he was as big from front to back as side to side with a new belly breaking ground as he walked and his big ass-cheeks following like a caboose. He stood back from the counter to make room for his belly and then waited while the coffee and pastries were fixed for him. He warily eyed the spindly chairs and finally settled on a built-in banquet and pulled a table over beside him where he tore into the bag of cookies. She watched him devour four of the 6-inch cookies and then whispered a few words. He stopped eating and dropped his head for a second or two. Then he looked up and studied the coffee house as if he had never seen it before.

Jack

Jack liked the coffee house cheesecake but one piece was too small and if he ordered three pieces, he might just as well buy the whole cake. So he did. He added a dozen of their big cookies as well. He chose the sturdiest seat he could find and attacked the cookies. Then suddenly, he felt a shock and then disorientation. The first thing he noticed was the cloying sweetness of the cookies he had been eating. The richness and subtlety of the flavors and textures which he had savored seconds earlier was reduced to all the dry monotony of over-sweetened shredded wheat. The cheesecake in the box in front of him had all the appeal of library paste and the thought of finishing his coffee made his stomach churn. His huge paw reached up to brush cookie crumbs off the shelf formed by his belly. Then the hand returned to rub the bulge finally cupping the bottom where it rested on his thighs. He tried, unsuccessfully to pull his T-shirt down over his belly. Then he tried to button his shirt. Still dazed his only thought was to escape the coffee house and leaving his pastries, he moved quickly out the door. “Am I really that fat?” he was thinking.

Lorna

She watched as Jack moved forcefully to the door, abandoning his pastries. She admired the powerful motion of his big ass-cheeks as he opened the door and walked to his truck. She watched him while he struggled with the seatbelt and drove off. Then she picked up the cookies and cheesecake to take home. She had some growing boys at home that would enjoy them.

Jack,

Jack was experiencing a whole new reality as he left the coffee house. His first thoughts were about his size. He knew he had gained weight but it had never felt much different from his former leanness until now. As he walked back to the truck, he could feel every pound as his ass shifted with each step. The weight of his belly pulled from side to side compounding the powerful swagger of his walk. He could feel the friction as his massive thighs rubbed together when he walked.

He noticed that his truck was slightly lower on the left side and sagged big time when he pulled himself into the seat. He noticed the way the bench seat had bowed to create a cradle for his wide ass and heavy load. Once in the cab, he noticed how his belly bulged forward to rest on his thighs and tickle the steering wheel, pushing the too tight t-shirt up over the biggest part of the belly. He noticed how his thighs had strained the legs of his chinos until they looked like balloons and he had to pull up his pant legs at the knees to free up his calves. All the while, he was wondering how he had gotten so big and why this was the first time he was noticing.

Jack's head was still reeling as he struggled to get the seatbelt fastened. He was hungry but the idea of the Chinese Buffet was repulsive. He just needed to get home and think this new reality through. Driving, too, was different. His belly forced him to move his seat further back and hold his elbows father apart. The seatbelt seemed very confining and chaffed his neck and shoulders.. He drove as quickly as he could but still, as he approached his house the seatbelt became intolerable. He had to get it off. As he turned into his street, he sighed and released the seatbelt. It felt so good to get his bulk out of that confinement that he didn't notice the flashing lights on the patrol car that followed him into his driveway.

The twink of an officer wrote up his ticket as Jack watched. He couldn’t even fix the ticket. Now, he was nothing but a fat, unemployed civilian. As the officer handed him the ticket, he oozed condescension as his eyes moved downward from Jack’s face and stopped on his belly. Just then, Jack’s belly erupted with a loud growl. The officer smirked as he turned around and got into the patrol car. Jack stared after him as the car backed out of the driveway and drove away. “This was not turning out to be a good day”, he thought. Then he smiled with an upbeat thought. “It’s time for lunch”.
© Copyright 2008 Gowide (gowide at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498439-Ticket-to-the-Big-Time