*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498586-The-Exam
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1498586
Those HMOs must really be desperate for new participants (Willie's Whimsical Words entry)
The Exam


"What seems to be the problem, Mister..." the doctor glanced at the clinic log, "...Woodman?"

"Your receptionist seems a bit confused by my simple request," the visitor replied.  "Our union - that's the Union of Fantasy or Fictional Cinematic Characters and Creatures - recently agreed to cover co-pays for preventive medicine or maintenance office visits.  I'm the Local rep, so I came to see if you accept assignment, and to schedule an exam."

"Perhaps she'd be less 'confused', if you lowered the axe?" the doctor gently suggested.

"I can't - my shoulder joint's locked.  I'm going to see the prop man after..."

"Oh, I can fix that," the receptionist interrupted and, before anyone could protest, she jumped up, grasped the arm and jerked downward.  With a metallic shriek, it came off in her hand.

"Forget the exam," the visitor said into the stunned silence.  "Know a good body shop?

[147 words]
© Copyright 2008 Writer_Mike (mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498586-The-Exam