*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498605-Defense-of-Mount-St-Lonnas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Fantasy · #1498605
Excerpt of rough draft from a battlefield story I've been looking forward to writing.
**********
Jhanu looked through the smoke to see the rubble that had been the most formidable structure in the region. How could the main gate have been destoryed? What terrible power might the opposition be weilding? How had a simple misunderstanding come down to a war brought to his doorstep? Too many questions to which he had no answer came blazing through his mind. Jhanu placed his shield upon the ground to force himself to his feet. Blackness rushed up to meet him but he knew it had to be pushed from his mind. He knew he must rise and defend the city, his people...his king!

The soldier knew he could not outrun the enemies already marching to the palace. He swung his broadsword and felled a Stanion who had broke formation. Jhanu started to approach the growing mass of dark blue and steel when he saw a flash of red in his right eye. The King! His head turned and brought pain down his entire body. There was nothing to his right but smoke and debris. The flash of red appeared again in his right eye. Surely he thought his eyes had deceived him. There was nothing to his right. A steady stream of red now trickled down Jhanu's forehead and he immediately understood his weariness. He reached up to remove his helmet as he took a knee. The darkness came back and the was no pushing it from his mind as the warrior fell to the ground.
**********
© Copyright 2008 Zack Carson (patsfanmike27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1498605-Defense-of-Mount-St-Lonnas