*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500343-I-DIED-YESTERDAY
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1500343
When I died yesterday I picked up some cool information.
When I died yesterday I had a rather astonishing experience.

I was at the office at the time.

I remember looking down on my body that was sitting in the chair behind my large desk. I say looking down because I was obviously somewhere up near the ceiling.

Why I should be up there I haven't the foggiest idea, why I should be looking down at my body, asleep or dead, I don't know either, but I was.

There was no fear or anxiety. I kept thinking what a revolting development. Now, how was I to get home if I couldn't use my old body, and what would my wife say if I came home without it?

She’d definitely be upset!

As hard as I looked I could see no hands or feet nor anything attached to my being which signified that I physically existed. I glanced in my little mirror and saw nothing but a small fuzzy ball of light.

It was then that I saw, or rather felt this very bright light leading off through the roof of the building and a voice urging me to follow. I couldn't see because I had no eyes, and I couldn't hear because I had no ears, but I sure could feel.

At first I resisted because I didn't want to leave my old body for I was afraid I might never find it again, but the voice was so beautiful and so full of urgency that I just had to find out who or what it was.

For what seemed like years and at the same time only seconds I followed the mesmerizing light. I remember telling myself that I was finally going to get to the bottom of this entire death thing, then remembered that I was dead. Sort of!

I wound up in a waiting room!

It wasn't exactly what I had hoped for, especially after all those great stories of Saint Peter and the pearly gates and such.

Besides, I have spent a good portion of my life waiting in one capacity or another, especially in the Army whose motto is "Hurry up and wait."

I can't describe the waiting room; all I know is that it 'was' a waiting room. There were no walls, or floors, no ceiling, no busy-beavers running up and down sparkling clean halls on urgent missions, not even a bored receptionist.

But, there were a lot of tiny balls of light.

In fact, as far as I could see in any direction there were countless balls of light. Some were dim, others bright, some brilliant, while still others were almost impossible to look at they were so intense.

It was then that a healthy young black boy approached me and spoke.

Let's say I'm certain I felt a strong voice coming from this person but his lips didn't move. I figured it was a mind thing, such as telepathy, because my hairy ears were still back on my old body.

The friendly youngster asked me what I was doing there.

I responded that I had no idea for I had simply allowed my curiosity to guide me like a good little reporter.
I could also feel consternation, curiosity, and a feeling that someone had pulled a whopper of a boo-boo.
I was jealous too because he had a body and I didn't. He must have read my mind because his gentle voice told me that I'd learn to 'project or display' my celestial body in good time.

After acting as if he was receiving information I could not hear, the kid finally stated that I had to go back, that it wasn't my time to go on just yet.

I realized then that some poor schmuck had really flubbed up.

"As long as I'm here, is there any way I can meet the uh… Big Guy?" I politely asked.

"All these people are waiting to be with the big guy, as you so eloquently put it," the smiling boy replied. "And they 'ARE' heading in the right direction. So sorry! I'm afraid not. You're heading back as soon as I can arrange it."

I could tell from the sharp tone of voice (or thought) that there was no sense in arguing with the handsome youngster, but I was doggedly determined to take something back with me.

"Well, can you at least tell me if He truly exists, and if He honestly cares about me as much as I care about Him?" I begged.

"If God did not exist and if God did not care for you, you would not exist," the boy boldly replied.
"Oh brother, I get all the dumb ones. Who even said God was a He?" I heard his voice mutter as he faded away.

Quite suddenly, I was back in my old body sitting behind my desk. I'm not certain if the experience was real or imagined but… Wow!

I’m curious now what the authorized trip will be like!
© Copyright 2008 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500343-I-DIED-YESTERDAY