*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500692-JESUS-BEFORE-COLUMBUS
Rated: E · Other · Supernatural · #1500692
Did Jesus Christ visit the ancient Native Americans?
Most of us are curious about the unexplained; things like spirits, life after death, extra terrestrials, parallels in history, lost civilizations, unexplainable coincidences, natural and man made phenomena, and many other odd and fascinating mysteries.

Many novels and movies have been made by which the writers attempt to explain or theorize on these subjects. Some are based on scientific deduction, reasoning or logic, while many are based entirely on vivid imagination or speculation.

One that has intrigued me for years is the many mysteries of Native American lore and the scientific marvels of Mayan civilization.

In Native American lore there are many stories of the great flood, the sacred rainbow, legends of a tower of Babel, widespread accounts and legends of First Man, and most curious are stories of the Great Spirit around which most Native American religions revolve.

Modern science is still attempting to unravel the mysteries of how the ancient Mayan civilization knew so much about astronomy and mathematics; why the Aztec believed in a bearded white God from above, why the Nasca Indians made runways and giant animals which can only be seen from the sky, even how the ancient Egyptians built the sphinx and the great pyramids and supposedly knew of electricity and other scientific marvels which have been recent discoveries in our own civilization.

There are many who believe that extra terrestrials, or beings from space, visited these ancient civilizations and taught them great scientific wonders. Naturally; over time, they lost most of this knowledge and only tantalizing bits of information has been uncovered by our modern archeologist and paleontologists.

I think there could be a much simpler explanation. Now, this is just my way of running off at the mouth, but I think it's possible that the Lord Jesus Christ could have visited these people at one time or another.
Why do I speculate on this?

Let's take the Ancient Native Americans first. Their legends of First Man sound an awful lot like Jesus Christ talked with them. Their racial memories of a great flood, their belief in a sacred rainbow (Genesis 9:13, I set my rainbow in the cloud and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between me and earth), and a Native American tower of Babel, seems as if they may have come from one of Noah's descendants. Also, this could have happened many thousands of years ago because Jesus was around even before Adam and Eve. (John 8:58 Jesus said, "Most Assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.) As for the Great Spirit, it takes little imagination to relate him to the "Holy Spirit."

In the case of the Mayan and the Nasca cultures, this also seems to be a logical explanation. Who's to say that Jesus did not walk among them and teach them of God's kingdom? Naturally, since most Native Americans had no written language, much of what was taught could have been lost or misunderstood even twisted over the centuries.

For example; (John 8:23 when Jesus said to the Pharisees; "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.")  Over centuries of time the descendants of the Native Americans could have twisted this same saying to believe that Jesus came from the stars and the only way to call him back would be to draw huge figures that could only be seen from high in the sky. After all, even the Aztec were waiting for a bearded white God to return to them.

As for the Native American belief in First Man, did not Jesus say in (Matthew 15:11 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last?") So, to these ancient Americans he would by definition be "First Man."

There are those who argue that had Jesus visited ancient America we would know more about it today even if they had no written language. What about the Mormons? LDS.) Also, how much did Jesus pass on to our own ancestors that has been forgotten, lost or never written down? Did not John write in 21:25, "And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."

I am not saying that the Lord Jesus visited ancient America, but I see no reason why, even without our knowledge, he could not have. This speculation is just as sound, if not more plausible, than visitors from outer space.

© Copyright 2008 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1500692-JESUS-BEFORE-COLUMBUS