*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504253-My-Life-Poem
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #1504253
A poem about a tragedy that changed my whole life.....comment please thanks!
My heart's pounding, my mind's racing, images of that day come back to me.
I try to shake the memories away, but suddenly tears start to stream down my face.
I begin to wonder am I dreaming or is this really happening again to me?
I can hear the sirens in my head then the footsteps of my sister running to my bed.
She tells me there is a cop outside and something is wrong, then I start to think where is my mom?
I walk to my doorway trying to listen to the officer, hearing him talking about my mother.
My father leaves and my grandma comes, I'm so confused because I don't know whats going on!
The thoughts start to run through my brain, slowly beginning to drive me insane.
I get mad because of all the lies im being told, I tell them I'm old enough to know!
My grandma explains to me my mom has been in an accident and we have to stay overnight with them.
My body begins to tremble with fear as I close my eyes and begin to pray,
asking God please don't take my mother away!
Tears start to flood my eyes,
but I quickly wipe them dry knowing I have to be strong and can not cry!
I sneak out the back door and walk outside staring out into the pitch black night.
The feelings of fear and hate I can't take anymore,
I start to breakdown and cry as I fall to the floor!
I asked God why do these things have to happen, and beg him to take me instead!
I cry myself to sleep on the cold hard ground awakening the next day to the morning traffic sound..
I wake up thinking maybe this was all a dream, but as I walk inside life comes back to reality.
This is all true and there is no going back, I return to my house and begin to pack.
My father tells me we will be staying with my grandma until things get back together,
but know this is only the beginning of the nightmare we will all soon encounter.
Months pass and it’s time for her to go, I have to be strong, but painfully I’m crying inside only no one knows.
As time passes I can only feel myself getting stonger, and my family growing closer more then ever.
All this that I have been through is just the way life goes and if you take the time to look around and isn't only happening to me but is happening to everybody.
Today I am walking with my head held high and I won't let anyone try to stop me from getting by.
I'm moving forward in my life and helping as many as I can,
because what has happened only led me to see how different life can really be.
The devil is everywhere and won't stop until the day we die,
but I know he won't be taking over my life.
No one can stop me because I have the strength to let go and move on, no matter how hard things may seem,
I can overcome them and live my life to be free.
By :Samantha Bara


© Copyright 2008 Samantha (samanthabara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504253-My-Life-Poem