*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504569-A-present-for-Ted
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1504569
My Writer's Cramp entry for 12/12
She had to find the perfect gift this year. It was their first Christmas together and Terry wanted it to be special. She’d been to the department stores and surveyed all of the generic options they had to offer. Next she went to the specialty shops. She wanted jus the perfect gift and thought she would never find it. She was ready to give up, leaving yet another shop empty-handed, when her cell phone rang.

“Hey, Terry. Want to grab a cup of coffee at that new coffee shop?” the voice asked.

“Oh, April! I’m so glad you called.” Terry’s spirits lifted instantly hearing April’s voice. April always knew the exact perfect gift for everyone on her list. She usually even helped Terry with her Christmas shopping. She was so perfect for this job.

“You sound stressed, Hon. What’s up?”

“I’m having a little shopping angst,” Terry sighed. “You know I’m terrible at Christmas shopping. You are like my life saver, April! I’ll meet you at the coffee shop in ten, okay?”

“Sounds good.” April loved the challenge of buying for the most difficult person.

Terry was waiting in line when April walked into the crowded coffee shop. It still smelled of new paint, but potpourri was bubbling away on the counters in an attempt to cover the smell.

“I’m buying, April,” Terry shouted to her over the crowd. “What can I get you?”

“My usual,” April smiled. She was very simple. A super-huge mocha latte and she was the happiest girl in the world. April made her way to an overstuffed couch near the fireplace where she and Terry would be able to talk about this endeavor.

Shortly Terry joined her. “Wow. That was a long line. Glad I got here when I did,” she jerked her thumb toward the door and the line of people that extended out into the parking lot.

April took her latte and pretended to put on her ‘thinking cap’. “Okay, what’s the shopping emergency? Talk to Dr. April. I’ll make it all better,” she jested.

“Well,” Terry started, taking a sip of her drink, “This is the first Christmas Ted and I are spending together. I want it to be really special for him.”

April burst out laughing, latte splattering Terry’s jacket. “Are you serious?”

“Come on, April.” Terry looked down, embarrassed. “It’s important to me. I don’t know what to get him.”

April regained her composure and helped Terry wipe off her jacket. “Seriously, Terry. Ted? He’s just a dog. He’ll like anything you get him… and he’ll probably just play with the wrapping paper anyway.” April started to laugh again. “I swear, Girl!”

Word Count: 442
© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504569-A-present-for-Ted