*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505650-In-the-Darkness
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Dark · #1505650
This piece of prose presents a positive view of darkness
In the Darkness
Whenever I go into the darkness I begin trying to know myself. I say, ‘o darkness, how strong you are, how obscure you are and how obvious you are, it is as difficult to know you as is difficult to know my own self, my own identity. You make me think on things that are valuable, things that are significant in life. You allow me to concentrate on my self and on this world.I believe I will know myself the day I succeeded in knowing you. You are a riddle, a riddle that is mind boggling, a riddle that is unbelievable.’ But I recognize a meaning into this dark night. That reminds me of reality; reality of life which is very bitter. It is pierces my heart when I get near to it but I know that I must identify it, I must gain it. It is the only way to reach my goal, the goal that is greater than just knowing the reality of this darkness. If I understand the darkness of the night, I will be able to realize the truth of my life; then I shall go on to the process of self-recognition that will lead to another achievement. That will be the biggest achievement of my life for me suppose it is the main purpose of my life. Life’s colour is green but it becomes black into the darkness. O night how powerful your colour is, it overpowers the rest of colours in its presence. If we just comprehend its meaning we can come to terms with the truths of the whole universe. We can harmonize our bodies and souls.

Darkness is a symbol of night; the colour of night is black which seems to be the colour of reality. When we go somewhere where it is dark, we start realizing our own reality. Who am I? I start thinking. That is the basic question that I ask myself in the darkness. it is said that the colour of reality is green but that turns into black when it is dark and I want to know the meaning of this darkness. I want to perceive it, I want to know what does it suggest to me? Sometimes it says to me, ‘who are you, why have you come here? What are you doing here? Does this world need you? If no, what is the purpose of your being here? You know one day you will cease to be and that will be end of everything for you. Is that it? No, it is not the whole story. Even then you will meet the darkness. You will have to face me. In the world hereafter it will be either light or dark, well, it depends on what you do in this world.’

So, darkness calls me to find myself and this leads to finding God. One can know God only when one has self-realization. Darkness says, ‘I am the way to reach God. Know me, know the silence, know yourself and know God.’ That is cent per cent true. She is the path to the eternal destination. Light can be reached by passing through the darkness. Light is undoubtedly the destination but darkness is the road on which one travels to gain the destination.

What is real is dark; what is dark is real. The darkness can also be very romantic. When I go into the darkness, I cannot see myself, so, I do not feel any shame or hesitation. In the darkness I cannot see my body so I can peep into the dark recesses of my soul. My body cannot interrupt in the course of my contemplation over my soul and its reality. In one way, being shameless is also significant in the process of self-realization. It hinders our thinking, stops us from exposing ourselves to reality and bars our power of imagination.

Therefore, darkness gives the idea of depth. Everything is shadowy and the darkening, deepening shadows help us in recognizing the reality of this life. Darkness is unlimited, unknown and unexplored. I have to explore it, discover it in order to seek knowledge of my soul. I must meditate on it and it will open up its realties to me and I will be in harmony with my body and soul. It is indeed the pathway to reach light.
© Copyright 2008 S.B. Butt (summbalbutt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505650-In-the-Darkness