*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505725-Mom
Rated: E · Essay · Parenting · #1505725
Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe the influence
  When asked who has had a significant influence on me, the first person that comes to mind would be my mother. My mother is caring, compassionate, generous, humorous, courageous, loving, beautiful and so much more. Trying to describe my mother would be like trying to describe a cyclone in its full power.



  My mother has taught me so much. From tiny things such as how to solve a mathematics problem to the way I should carry myself and the values I should practice. Placing her children’s needs before her own, my mother has often sacrificed to cater to my wants and needs. In the past few years, I have stopped thinking of my mother as an authority figure but as my best friend.



  Although my mother does a great deal to spoil me, she makes sure I have chores and responsibilities such as cooking simple meals, doing my own laundry and looking after a part of the garden. At first, I loathed doing my chores and thought of them as a bore. After some time, I found myself enjoying these chores and it has made me into a  more capable and responsible person.



  My mother often instills good virtues and moral values in me. She taught me that for every crooked politician, there are more dedicated leaders; that for every enemy, there are more friends. She showed me a path and I followed it just to learn the wonders of books. My mother told me to have faith in my self and my ideas even if the whole world thinks I am wrong. Through my mother ,I learned how to stand on my two feet and defend myself



  My mother inspired me to dare to be different, to be the kind of person who in the face of adversity, will continue to embrace life and walk fearlessly toward the challenge. She often advises me not to be too dependent on other people, yet I should share, not only material goods but my heart and kindness with the world. She told me to chase my dreams, to aim for the best. To believe in myself and what I am capable of, to set the highest price ever for my brains but never trade my heart and soul for anything. 



  Throughout my eighteen years of life, my mother has always been there for me. When I took my first faltering steps, she was there to guide me; when a tear falls from my eyes, she would still be there to wipe it and make sure another does not fall. My mother coached me in my schoolwork with boundless patience and reminded me to study months before my examinations.



  Although my mother is very sweet by nature, she often took on the role of a disciplinarian while raising me. She believes that only the test of fire makes fine steel. My mother punishes me whenever I behave badly or rebel. Now, I am a well-disciplined person.



  My mother made me the person I am today. She is my greatest inspiration and has influenced me in countless ways. My mother taught me how to live my life, and to discover my own identity and I thank her for everything.

© Copyright 2008 Chris_tina (sue_ying at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1505725-Mom