*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506282-GreenEnvy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Monologue · Romance/Love · #1506282
Green is her favorite color. The color of envy. It's only fitting.
Her favorite color is green. Green is the universal color of envy. It's only fucking fitting.

I see her face at night. Her body haunts my dreams. It's like a dark, twisted version of that song "Jesse's Girl". My fraternity brother's girlfriend. My friend's girlfriend.

Maybe it all started when Bailey dumped me during the summer. I didn't want a new girlfriend then, wanted to stay single. Play the field, you know? And then she called me called me and asked if I wanted to be her roommate. The little tomboy had gotten kicked out of her sorority, and knew that my roommate and I were looking for a new place. I said sure, rent would be cheaper that way, and I knew she was a sweet kid.

So she came back from working in her hometown, and I realized how gorgeous she was. She made me her official "BFF", but not in that crazy Paris Hilton way. We spent a lot of time together house hunting, and I said that she should come to a movie with me. God, her boyfriend was pissed.

That was the first time I wanted to break his nose for making her cry.

So, time went on. We went to another movie, this time with friends. He made her so guilty that she walked home. At ten o'clock at night, in a sketchy part of down. Those "super cute shoes" that she loved so much...yeah, they made her feet bleed.

We moved in together, finally. Her boyfriend's girl roommate, who is a total bitch, kicked her out. So we found this cute little place, and my old roommate and I moved in. I remember the first time I saw her walking around in just those little shorts she always wears and her sports bra. It made me so hard, I ached. I had to run into my room and...take care of things.

She likes to wear one piece of "real" clothing, and an undergarment. Say, sweats and a sports bra. Or, panties and a tank top. It's the best in the morning, when her hair is all loose and rumpled and her cheeks are still rosy from the warmth of her bed. Of their bed. Yeah, I forgot. Her boyfriend got kicked out of his pad, so he lives with us too.

She's so sweet. I hear her almost every night, telling her boyfriend that they can't have sex because I'm in the next room. Hearing that might just kill me.

Then, she kissed me. Sweet gentle Jesus, she kissed me. Some random night...I don't remember now. After a football game, she just came running up the stairs to where I was sitting on my bed, took my face between her hands, and kissed me. Four times.

I called her to come back, but she ran downstairs, giggling like a schoolgirl. It was another long night for me. I can't even be mad at her for cheating on her boyfriend, after the way he treats her. He had made her cry again the night before, just because she drunk dialed some other guy that she obviously wasn't interested in.

The next time she kissed me, we made out. I knew that she would be an amazing kisser. I was right.

It was about that time, I started pushing her away. She admitted that I was a good kisser, and I thanked her. And then, I started being a complete ass. I probably even made her cry once or twice. But it's better off this way.

She's my BFF, my green-eyed enchantress. Maybe someday I'll find someone like her. But God, I hope not.
© Copyright 2008 M. Grantaire (mariegrantaire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506282-GreenEnvy