*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506607-Sun-Creature
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Ghost · #1506607
This is the first page of my work-in-progress novel called 'Sun creature'. Modern Fantasy.
The door was unlocked.

The Trespasser, a young girl with pixie-cut blond hair and a lot of dark eye-makeup, twisted the bronze handle of the large manor and pushed inward with too much force; the momentum impelled her to catch her footing as she stumbled in.
She straightened up and sighed, brushing off the soot on her blue cloak. Dust flew about the air in that building like nobody's business. The girl nearly choked, hardly able to breathe with the glittering dust dancing in the light; which came in through the many rose-tinted windows. Once through the windows, the sunlight turned red. Her cloak seemed indigo in this place.
The girl remembered what she came here for. She took a few steps further into the manor, looking about nervously with her golden eyes. No one was supposed to be here, and she couldn't be too careful. She could feel the cold damp at her ankles as her jeans brushed against her. She had stepped in one too many puddles on the journey here. Thankfully, she never had to walk too far...
The building wasn't completely deserted obviously, since she startled a rat in what she figured was once the kitchen-diner of the manor. She could tell what the room had been used for by the cupboards and the single table- the only piece of remaining furniture in the house. The table was covered in a white sheet and a layer of dust. It sat in the middle of the square room, the tall ceilings making it seem miniscule. The tinted windows gave it an effect that, if the building wasn't so creepy, the room would seem nearly romantic, in a way.
She was about to turn and walk out, giving up on finding what she was looking for- when she noticed something on the table she didn't notice at first.

The spark of gold caught her eye, and she did a double take. "Ah, there you are..." She spoke to it as if it could hear her. She walked towards the table and picked up the heavy gold piece to study it.
The girl held it up to the rosy light and watched the gold glimmer with red tones. It was an amulet with the face of an animated moon. The moon had a pleasant, peaceful expression. It's eyes squinted, japanese in shape, and it was grinning. To be completely honest, she thought to herself, It looked like it was on LSD.
Shrugging, the girl pocketed the valuable piece and started walking out of the building as fast as possible. This ominous feeling followed her as she turned from the table, and she felt compelled to speed up her exit.
Her stomach twisted as she went down the hallway. All the doors from the hallway were kicked in, as they had been by the time she arrived. She had the distinct feeling of being followed. She was nearly at the door. Her heart beat quickened. She was convinced that the place was haunted.
She swung the front door of the manor open dramatically and nearly ran out. That place had become full of bad vibes after she took that amulet. It must be powerful. But of course, why else would she be sent to get it? The girl breathed out a deep sigh, hands shaking.
She glanced behind her, considering burning the place down, but people would notice. Besides, there was a housing estate close by that might catch as well, and she didn't want that to hang over her head.
The girl drudged through the autumn leaves, lying dead on the concrete like roadkill. Finally, she reached a point where the sun was finally visible overhead. In a few minutes, even ghosts wouldn't be able to catch up with her.
She smiled, immediately feeling the sun's protective energy and warmth. She looked around her to make sure no one was looking. Then, with a small 'pop' sound, she seemed to disappear.


In half a moment, She reappeared in a book shop, The burgundy door against her back. Ahead of her was a long aisle up to the till. She looked around at the familiar room. The shelves stood tall, growing out from the sides of the open aisle like pews in a church.
"...Saibel?"
© Copyright 2008 [{blakrit}] (idkwtf247 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506607-Sun-Creature