*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506867-Tale-of-Glenavon---The-Gods-Agreement
by Tehpip
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1506867
God's of the world gathered to figure out the problem of realm territories.
         Zeus was sitting at the head of a large table up on Mount. Olympus. He had called together a meeting of the gods, not just the ones he ruled over, but all the gods of the world. The world had not even reached the Age of Christ by the time this meeting had taken place. Odin, Loki, Fenrir, and Thor represented the gods of the Norse. Huitzilopochtli of the Aztecs was the only one represented, as was Perun of the Slavic’s. All but a few of the Greek Gods were present, and there were numerous other minor deities attending as well. There were even those that were not gods but just immortals who would later be remembered throughout times as Merlin, and Arthur, who was also known as King Arthur of the Round Table.

         Boundaries needed to be set, as the great many gods ended up in numerous squabbles which sometimes even ended up in violence. The meeting lasted for months, with gods yelling back and forth, and Zeus throwing down his mighty thunderbolts to quiet the scene. The mortals on earth cowered in fear during these months for the thunderbolts would sometimes go off course and destroy the land. Even the sky was dark for the mortals, causing the plants to slowly wilt and die. They named this time “The Season of Darkness” for obvious reasons.

         “Why can I not have the whole entire continent of Europe? I would be a much better god for it then you all will ever be!” Loki’s great voice boomed out. Loki was always trying to outdo Odin, which caused many a problem. Now all the gods turned on the god of trickery and threatened to tear him from limb to limb. The gods of the Greeks were even threatening to give him a punishment worse than Prometheus’. Furious with rage at being turned down from having any area to himself, Loki and his son Fenrir leave the meeting. As he stormed away, Loki threatened that the gods of the world would pay for their insolence. All the gods, save for one, did not hear Loki’s threat. Athena had heard and she planned to keep watch for any danger that should appear, that in the least held suspicion of Loki’s doing.

         Huitzilopochtli eyed the great Athena noticing that she wore a look of concern upon her face. This great god had once held feelings for the daughter of Zeus but knew he would be turned down by her. He also by this point was getting tired of the bickering and the arguing. There was plenty enough land for each of the great races of gods to rule over. For him was the land of the Aztecs who worshipped him with great honor. He was happy with that. “Draw straws then.” He calmly suggested, his voice flowing over the riot. Each of the gods turned towards him, as if he had said something strange and unusual. “The straws will determine how much of an area each race will rule over.” Huitzilopochtli explained. For him there was no competition. All the great gods of the lands over the sea had no issues with who ruled over what. This was the reason he was here. To keep the peace and help the gods of this land mark their territories in harmony.

         After a few moments they all started nodding their heads in agreement with Huitzilopochtli’s idea. So all of the territories were marked, straws were drawn, all making their promise upon the River Styx that they would not intrude in any other realm but their own, and then the gods went to their respectful realms,. The mortals of the lands were now beginning to come out of their protective hiding. All was well with the gods, except for Athena who still worried about Loki’s threat. She knew that none of the gods would dare do anything against the god of trickery unless they had solid proof, and by then she feared it would be too late. For now there was nothing she could do except wait.

© Copyright 2008 Tehpip (pippi18848 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1506867-Tale-of-Glenavon---The-Gods-Agreement