*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508015-Falling-Stars-Section-1
Rated: 18+ · Other · Teen · #1508015
Nine years later. Xander as a 17-year old teenager. Still in Parkstone.
(Nine years later.)

The final bell chimed and everyone in our class started to leave. A lot of my classmates were groaning for Mr. Fuller, our Biology teacher, gave us a couple of homeworks: a 2-page essay about the human anatomy, and research paper about cellular divisions.

"Hey, Xander!" I heard someone called. I turned around and saw Reynier, my best mate, approaching me.

"Yes?" I asked blankly.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked as he playfully punched me in the arm. "We still had our practice."

Great, I thought. I still had a lot of homework to do, and this team practice consumes most of my time.

"What's wrong with you?" Reynier asked as I followed him to the tennis court wearily. "You look like you haven't slept for 10 years."

I threw him a dry smile as he laughed at his own dumb joke. "Can't I just skip practice today? I had a lot of things to finish tonight."

He gave me an incredulous look as he stopped on his tracks. "You can't skip practice! You're the captain! And remember, the tournament's a month away!"

He shook his head and mumbled something under his breath. I sighed and followed him out to the court. However, luck seems to be with me. A deep roar of thunder echoed from the sky which made some of the girls we were passing cried out in surprise.

"Great! A thunderstorm!" I heard Reynier mutter grumpily beside me.

I turned to face him, a small smile stretching across my face. "Bad luck, mate. And I was really looking forward into practicing with you."

Reynier just rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Well, I think we should just get home now before this stupid storm falls."

I refrained from laughing as I followed Reynier stomping towards the parking lot. He stopped by a shiny black car which was parked beside my own.

"See you tomorrow, mate." Reynier said, and he got in quickly because it already started raining.

I had not managed to even nod at him as a response, for the rain had quickly poured heavily. I just got in also, soaking wet, and started the engine. I pulled out of my space and carefully drove out of the school grounds.

When I arrived at my house, no one came to greet me. Well, I had expected it because I knew my foster parents were still in work. I went up to my room, however, when I was about to open the door, it was wrenched open from the inside.

"Camryn! What are you doing in my room?!" I demanded. My 9-year old sister, Camryn, came out of my room.

"Don't yell at me." She said with a smirk on her face. "Or d'you want me to tell Mom about those things hidden under your bed?"

I stared at her, fuming. She laughed at my expression and went downstairs singing at the top of her lungs.

"Nosy midget." I muttered as I slammed the door behind me. I dropped my bag on the floor and turned on my computer. I immediately started doing my homework.

I had just finished my essay when there was a soft knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"It's me," a soft female voice replied.

I hurriedly stood up and opened the door. There, standing before me, was Sophia, my girlfriend. She's a year older than me but she acts more like a 16-year old girl than a matured 18-year old.

"Sorry if I disturbed you." She said to me, eyeing the computer and the stack of books in my desk.

"Oh, no problem." I told her hastily. "Why don't you come in?"

I went back to my chair while she followed and sat on my bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her looking around my room in surprise. I realized that it was her first time to enter my room.

"You like paintings and books?" she asked in surprise.

"Sort of."

I looked at her and tried to smile but I saw that she had a hard expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I went by her side and put my hand on her shoulder but she brushed it away. Not a good sign.

"What's wrong?" I repeated.

"I can't take it anymore, Xander." She stood up as she said it. "You're just taking me for granted."

"What?"

"You heard me. I can't take it anymore. You don't love me."

"Sophia, you know how....."

"No, Xander. It's true. I don't want to hear your lies anymore. All of it. I want to end this NOW."

"But....."

"But what?!?" Sophia cried out. "I misunderstood? No, Xander. You love someone else. I'm sure of it. There's someone else."

I was speechless. She was right and I'm wrong. All this time, I was just fooling myself.
There was SOMEONE else.

"See?" Sophia said. "You don't even try to deny it."

I tried to look at her but I don't have the strength to stare at her accusing eyes.

"I'm sorry." I finally said. I was only staring down.

"A sorry can't change the damage you have done to me." Sophia replied silently. "I loved you more than myself. And this is what you did? I hate you."

I looked up and saw her weeping. I approached her and comforted her. "I really am sorry, Sophia. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You didn't mean to fool me? Oh please!"

"Really. I'm serious. To tell the truth, you were the one who made me realize that I like someone else."

"Lies!"

She stood up all of a sudden and went out of the door. "I don't want to see you ever again. EVER!"

As Sophia bellowed the last word at me, she slammed the door shut leaving me alone in the room.
© Copyright 2008 VampireJace (vampirejason19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1508015-Falling-Stars-Section-1