*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509088-What-The-Heck
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1509088
This is a part one for a contest about a building that disapears.
I was bored, nothing more nothing less. I had finished this weeks reading and feedback assignments for class.  I was doing what any other bored person online would be doing, I was reading the Rants and Raves section of Craigslist.  I looked up from the computer to notice that the sun was starting to go down, and in a flash the skyline opened up, the building across the street was gone!

I rubbed my eyes, no way a building would just disappear like that, one second there, the next gone. There was no boom, no bang, no kablooy, just poof, it was gone. I wondered if this was the start of  some bad trick, a punk, a prank, my mind finally going.  Too much homework maybe?

I stood up out of my chair to see if it was my mind, I leaned closer to the window, looked to the right, everything was there, looked to my left, everything was there, but when I looked straight ahead, it was still gone.

What the heck is going on I wonder…

I flopped back down in my chair… my head was spinning. Buildings that size just don’t disappear. I reached for my king size coffee cup. Not a drop. Damn. I strain to hear if anyone else is freaking out over this, I hear no one, which for a busy area,  is weird, but I don’t want to think about that. 

I try to remember what that building was. I never really noticed it until now. Now that it is gone. 

Standing up, I look out the window again, yep still gone. I shake my head.

I have the urgency to go outside, to run down the stairs and see if anyone else notices the building is gone.

As I reach for the handle to the door flashes of a red pill and a blue pill from the Matrix movie run through my head mixed with images of The 13th Floor and the green grid of the city limits.

Am I really here, am I just someone’s imagination, OH MY GOD… am I a… Sims?!?!?!?!?!

I inhale. I try to steady my nerves. I try to tell myself I just play way to many computer games and to quit watching so many movies.

I go to open my door and find that I am trapped, the door wont open, I pull and twist but nothing happens. I start banging on the door, I yell “ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME I AM STUCK IN HERE!!!!”

Nothing. No one.  I am met with silence.

I go back to the window. I sit down. I look at the computer screen. I look out the window. I look at the door.

I wonder why?
Who?
And am I the only one.
© Copyright 2008 Manda43079 (manda43079 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1509088-What-The-Heck