*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511210-The-result-of-failure
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1511210
What could have happened at the end of COD 4. Warning the story is based on a MA15+ game.
The two missiles screamed through the heavens, both loaded with 6 550kt nuclear warheads. The path that was chosen for them would take them over Europe before breaking up and heading towards the East Coast of the United States of America.

With the hopes of Imran Zakhaev resting on their success the missiles soared over England the thrusters showing a faint glow to the people below. With ten minutes before the impact that would claim over 40 million people the Russian government failed in delivering the abort codes. The special forces in Russia now new that nothing could avert the disaster.

5 minutes before the strike. the two MIRV's split and the warheads headed their seperate ways. At two minutes before impact, Imran Zakhaev was killed by an unamed operative of the SAS. Zakhaev would never see what his wrath brought to the world but the human race never forgot it.

The warheads hit their targets at the same time. The resulting explosions could be seen from the moon and the sound was heard half-way round the world. 1 hour after the initial explosion the damage could be seen, buildings were nothing more than pools of metal, roads were the same, every tree had been reduced to a burnt match and then knocked over and all life had ceased to exist.

Though the estimated deat toll was 40 million there was alot more. The nuclear fallout travelled across either the country or the atlantic over to Enlagland. After ten years the last time known victim died of radiation. The final count was over 60 million. More than Imran Zakhaev could have ever hoped for.
© Copyright 2009 darkflame8 (phoenixdeath at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1511210-The-result-of-failure