*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512729-Keeper-of-the-Garden--Intro
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1512729
My first attempt of a novel that I statred a couple of years ago.
Legend has it; the keeper of the garden was a strong stately woman of statue that was liked by everyone who had the opportunity to spend time with her. A wealth of wisdom and power, she was an African American pioneer. She was the first African American woman hired in two of the positions she occupied.



She was a proud pillar with shoulders big enough for the world to cry on. She always knew how to cheer you up, give you the strength you needed to carry you on your way. She dug many out of the ruts they found themselves in, handed out encouragement and advice by the bucket full. She was an outgoing cheerful entertainer and the most gracious hostess. When she wasn’t entertaining she was being entertained.



Raised by her strict bible preaching father and a tender loving mother until tuberculosis claimed the life of her mother when she was five years of age.



She was no stranger to tedious work and was a generous hearted soul. She has seen many changes during her time. Her foot steps did not travel an easy path. She could fix whatever was ailing you with home made remedies. Her schedule was always full. Abused by her evil step-mother she had to overcome much turmoil during her lifetime.

© Copyright 2009 unseen forces (chelleck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512729-Keeper-of-the-Garden--Intro