*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512827-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Monologue · Entertainment · #1512827
Letter written for Dear Me Contest
Dear Me,

It’s that time of year again for you to make your New Years resolutions. You must be aware that I am writing this letter to remind you of this, just in case you have forgotten. We both know how forgetful you can be anymore.

You know deep down inside that you can resolve those things that you have previously promised yourself and have yet to fulfill. I for one, am hoping that you will at least try anyway.

So, I am challenging you to get off of your ‘duff’ and get started!

I’ve helped you pick a list of your most optimistic predictions. You can turn these into realistic goals for 2009 and get fantastic results, if you just set your feeble and forgetful mind to it.

Do something successful for a change. Use these goals to motivate yourself. You will be amazed at what an improvement they can make in your everyday life if you just stop telling yourself that you are after all a Senior Citizen and can’t be expected to reform and perform like in years past.

It might be a good idea for you to tack this list up somewhere at eye level so that you don’t have to do any searching for it. We both know how you tend to lose track of things when they are out of sight lately.

I hope you don’t mind the title I have chosen here for your list. I just wasn’t able to come up with something better -

I HOPE YOU’VE ENJOYED THIS LIST

1. I will not allow our cat Bentley to sit at the table any longer without wearing a bib.

2. I will workout more by going shopping in NEW places.

3. I will focus more on my faults and less on others faults.

4. I will mope less about my own faults.

5. I will not worry about my weight gain...I'll eat whatever I like.

6. I will build new relationships… by spending more time playing with the cat.

7. I will not sit at my computer in the office all day in my pajamas…instead I will move my computer into the bedroom.

8. I will improve my profanity…by learning cusswords in a different language.

9. I will get into a whole NEW rut!

10. I will spend my summer vacation in cyberspace right here at WDC!

11. I will spread out the priorities beyond my abilities to keep better track of them.

Oh, and last but not least…

12. I will never make New Years Resolutions Again!


Signed,
Your Wiser Side Of Yourself

© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512827-Dear-Me