*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512958-Seasons-Greeting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by JTL
Rated: E · Editorial · Other · #1512958
"Peace on earth and good will towards men", means something to the average person.
The phrase, "Peace on earth and good will towards men, should mean something to the average person, during this holiday season but this statement is becoming apparently untrue.

The focus of my rant is the lack of common courtesy we show one another in public. All one has to do to test out my little theory, is to go to a public place and hold a door open for any random person. Four out of five times, you may not find their responses far from gracious. The responses you might find instead is bewilderment, shock, aggressiveness or the lack of responses.

Maybe working in the service industry for a longtime, I expect to be greeted with a smile and learned that the use of the word "thank you" is not obsolete. Each day I am reminded that this is not common behaviour or knowledge for everyone. However, I am still optimistic that one in five people have the qualities and training to qualifies them has human beings. 
© Copyright 2009 JTL (jolyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1512958-Seasons-Greeting