*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514070-Midnight
Rated: E · Short Story · Gothic · #1514070
A Vampire-angel visits young Michael one night and changes his life forever.
I watched the thunder dance with the rain as my parents scream at each other. I look around my dark lonely room searching for something to hold, but there is nothing here to comfort me from my sadness. Lighting flashes revealing my golden-brown eyes; I hear another glass plate shattering against the wall and my father cursing at my mother. Again tears swell up in my eyes, I try to choke them back, but I couldn’t do it, they run down my face like a waterfall soaking the bed sheets.
“Why can’t they ever stop fighting?” I moan. A strong gust of wind suddenly blows my window wide open slamming it against the wall, shattering the glass across the floor. The rain starts to pour in soaking everything around the window. I jump from the bed forgetting about the glass that’s shattered across the room. I felt pain and adrenaline shoot through my body like a bullet, the pain is so excruciating my flesh was paler than a dead man, my gums bleed from the death grip I had on my teeth trying not to scream in agony. Before I knew it my body collapse’s from under me, it feels like I’m falling slow motion.
“What a cool feeling.” That was the only thought that went through my mind at that moment. I smirked at this thought. How could I think it was cool? I might die in less than 15 seconds and I think it is cool that I’m falling in slow motion. I land with a thud but there was no pain, no more flesh being cut by glass. I opened my eyes and saw the water soaked glass glittering on the floor, I looked deeper into the glass and I saw the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. I looked over my shoulder into the real thing, they were black but with a hint of blue, like the color of the midnight sky. They were also very familiar in way like an old dream or memory.
“Are you alright sweetheart?” the stranger asks with a beautiful voice that would make a angel jealous. I look deeper into those midnight eyes.
"Yeah, I'm okay." She gently set’s me on the bed, with one snap of her fingers the window shuts and repairs its self, but now there was blood oozing from my feet. Small beads of tears start to form around my eyes as the adrenaline stars to fade.
“Don’t worry kiddo. I didn’t forget about you.” She says with a smile. She took the hood off her head, her hair was also beautiful, it was at shoulder length and it was blacker than a ravens wing. She bit her thumb and rubbed her oozing blood on to my bleed feet. The glass started to push its self out and the whole left behind started to close.
“Is that better?” She asks curiously.
“WOW, h…how did you do that?!” I ask excitedly as I examine my foot.
“I’ll tell you later.”.
She stands up removing her black coat and places it on the bedpost; she turns around facing me still smiling. She starts walking slowly towards me dragging her fingers across my bed sheets feeling the fabric underneath them, she kneels down to my level.
“Why is she still smiling? AND why is she in my room?!” I thought.
She laughs has if I said something funny.
“Don’t worry. I'm not here to hurt you.” She starts to rub my left cheek softly with her palm.
She notices the bathroom. "You mind?"
Thunder goes off like a huge drum, without knowing I placed my cheek deeper into her palm.
“No, and there are towels underneath the sink.” I reply blushing as I pull my face back.
She slowly drags her soft fingers across my face before grabbing her bag. I started to wonder where that bag came from until she called back. “No peeking, you hear!” She said smiling then giving a flirty wink.
I sit there at the window seat watching the rain drops race down the window, waiting for the stranger to come out of the shower. I wanted to know more about this stranger, her name, how old she is, and why was she here in my room of all places. “Hey there.” Said the stranger, she giggles as I jump from the window seat.
Bowing her head. "Sorry, I shouldn't have scared you like that,"
“It’s okay.”
She walked over to the bed and sat then just started to stare at me, right into my eyes, for a few minutes it became awkward before we said anything.
“Sooo, what are you doing here if you don’t mind me asking?” I ask curiously.
“I was just in the neighborhood on my way to a party.” She replies.
“Do you mind if I ask your name?”
“You can call me Midnight if you want.”
A scream came from down stairs as another glass plate hits the floor.
“Wow, your parents are really loud!” Midnight says in a low concerned voice.
Midnight looks over her shoulder and see’s me frown at the door.
“I… I’m sorry hun I-
“It’s alright, they're not my real parents. My Auntie-Julian should be picking me up in a couple of days and I imagine that's what their fighting about right now. .”
“So, what are you doing here?”
“Well…to tell you the truth I’m just going to hang out here for awhile till the storm dies out and plus I don’t want to go to the blood party smelling like a wet dog now do I?” Midnight laughs and beckons' me over to sit beside her.
"Um… and…...” Her face starts to turn red.
“Well…uh…I couldn’t just let a cute boy like yourself fall on glass like that now could I?”
My face turns red with embarrassment; she looks towards me as she bites her lower lip.
“Wh-wha-what is it?!”
She looks deep into my eyes smiling, a pair of large cat like canines' reveal themselves.
“Wow! Where did you get those really cool teeth?!” I ask aloud
Giving a wicked smile she pins a strand of hair behind her ear, grabs my chin gently and moves closer to my lips. “You have to kill a few people.” She replies kissing me softly.
I look at Midnight with much curiosity. Here stands the most beautiful women I have ever met and she just kissed me. I must be dreaming! I wanted to know more about her.
“What’s a blood party?” I ask cautiously, but curiously .
She gives a little smirk before standing up.
"Mostly just trouble, I go to them because my adviser says it's good to hang out with the common folk, but it's nothing, but trouble, sex, blood, drugs, and even more sex. And please forget that I said that and don't go looking for one either! I don't feel like seeing your blod -." She stops herself and smiles at me.
With much concern in her voice. "Don't worry about it. It's nothing, but trouble. And at the moment all you need to do is worry about getting some sleep tonight." I looked towards the clock the red lights red 11:55pm.
Midnight wraps her arms around, her warmth of her body was like magic; all my worries disappeared, my fears gone, my hatred for my foster parents nowhere to be seen. What the hell was she?!
“You know what; I’ll sing you a song so that you can sleep through this damn storm, deal? Midnight asks.
She starts packing up her wet clothes into her bag before looking at me for an answer.
“Alright…” I reply happily.
Looking towards Midnight I bury my head deep into my pillow, she starts to stroke my hair and kisses me gently and then she starts to sing.

Hush now child and rest this day
For tis a new moon tonight
Tonight you must hunt and slay
To Satisfy the beast within
For the beast must not be released
You hunt to grow not kill or feast
For it will bring fear and deceased
So when you grow big and tall
You can catch your lover when he falls
And in return he will do the same
The sun is high and set a flame
So hush now and rest this day
For you hunt anew for you are dark Fae

“What is that?” I ask
She smiles down at me.
“It’s just a very old Vampureick lullaby that my mother used to sing to me when I had trouble sleeping.”
A small smile starts to appear across her face.
“Cool."
My eyes start gain tremendous weight as I tried to reset closing them
“You really think so Michael?” She replies.
Before I could ask how she knew my name I fell into a deep sleep.
The window slams open; she stops it before it hits the wall again.
“Damn it, I’m coming already! I just couldn’t just leave him like that could I?” Midnight yells into the night.
“Well take your time will ya! You know mother will be furious if she finds out that you were here, AGAIN!” Midnight jumps as the figure gently glides into the room.
“Well, brother, I…I…I needed to see him just to make sure he is safe that’s all…” She replies as she strokes my hair as I sleep.
“Well you saw him…Now let’s GO! Before mother finds out that “we” were here! I don’t feel like being lectured-again by one of your little adventures thank you very much!”
Midnight sighs then looks towards her brother.
“Fine” Midnight replies
“I’ll be back my little Prince and be strong you have a rough road head of you, oh and one more thing. Happy birthday.” Midnight whispers into my ear as she kisses my neck .

Another gust of wind blows in taking them away, the window shuts itself softly as the disappear into the night, the only thing left of Midnight and her brother is a single black rose that lays across the window seat.


© Copyright 2009 Midnightangel (gothicprince at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514070-Midnight