*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514478-Its-All-About-Robotics
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1514478
Robots aren't always good
It’s All About Robotics

        I woke up and saw the city “How could this be, is it even possible?” I asked my self.  Then I saw them, back pods were suddenly falling from the underbelly of the colossal monstrosity floating above me. I did not know what those things were and I did not want to hang around to find out.  My guess was the floating city was part of the group I had been working for and had seen the lab blow up rate in front of their very eyes, and was not very happy about it.  By the time I had come around enough to get up and make a run for it the pods had already crashed into the ground. Dust flew into the air making it nearly imposable to see but when the dust settled it was not pods that stood in front of me.
         
        “Robots, are you kidding me?” I had seen blue prints of these lying around the lab building but nothing like what was stood in front of me now.  They stood at the height of seven or eight feet towering over me. They were built out of a black metal unlike any thing I had ever seen gleaming in the rays of the sun.  Their faces were slick with no nose, ears or mouth, just two blinking red eyes starring right at me.  My whole body had gone cold, my muscles locked and I could no longer move. I was petrified. Then something in me snapped and my fight or flight kicked in. I ran for my life praying that they would not follow me…I was wrong, terribly wrong.
         
      When I bolted they bolted faster, when I turned they turned sharper.  Next thing I knew I was completely surrounded with no escape.  Their guns started to slowly lift pointing strait at me. Once again my body locked, not able to move.  Terrified, I closed my eyes praying that by some miracle they would miss and hit one another.  Deep down I knew they would hit with perfect aim, for they were programmed to kill.  I herd a “BANG” and then bullets being fired.  I thought I was dead and that I herd this because my soul was leaving my body.  When I opened my eyes though it was not robots I saw, but a man who look kind of like Crocodile Dundee.  He smiled with a broad grin and said “Them robots ain’t friendly mate,” chuckling to him self “the names Al, I’m with the UN or what’s left of them.”
© Copyright 2009 Jack Micdevit (flip724 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514478-Its-All-About-Robotics