*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514602-Mouse-Intelligence-6
Rated: E · Poetry · Animal · #1514602
Frankie is accepted in to the world of mouse intelligence
The post Mouse pushes the big brown envelope through my door,could this be what I have been waiting for? I pick it up with my shaking paw,never have I wanted something more. I open the envelope take a breath then take a seat at my desk. I start to smile it is all good news my Mouse intelligence status has been approved.

All that training has not gone to waste, I really have no time to waste my instructions tell me to report to the London office to be handed my first case. The excitement in my stomach grows I just got time for some breakfast then off I must go.

Now I must decide what to wear something casual or something debonair and I must remember to comb my hair. I look in the mirror, well Frankie this is it just another quick practice at my cool dry wit in this game you got to be quick.

I am now ready to go my tie is straight, my shirt is pressed, my shoes are shiny and my breath is fresh, I pick up my car keys and walk out the door a sprinkle of snow covers the floor. I make my way to my mouse mobile my reliable little four door I turn the key and the little engine roars, I look in my rear view mirror and see Caruthers the cat charging out the door.

"Not today pussy cat" I say through gritted teeth, I put my mouse mobile in to top gear and shoot off down the street, I got no time to waste I got The head of mouse Intelligence 6 to meet. The traffic is very light and the snow has settled neat I have reached my destination so as instructed I park on Baker street.

Another mouse in a long black coat comes walking in to view he hands me a liitle note as he passes me which tells me what to do. Approach the wall in front of you it reads and hit it with your right shoe only when you do this will I come for you, so thats exactly what I do.

A secret door opens before my eyes a well spoken english voice tells me to come inside, I cautiously walk through the door and find myself in a large hall. In the middle of the hall I see a very stern looking mouse staring at me, I walk over and say "you must be C"  he looks at me over his glasses and replies " yes Frankie that is me" I ask jokingly "Does the C stand for cheese" he does not look to pleased.

  He stands up from his desk, my first thought he is exceptionally dressed as he walks over to the drinks cabinet, "Can I offer you a drink, to welcome you to Mouse Intelligence 6" he asks as he gets himself a glass, "A chocolate milk will be fine" I reply, "without the marshmallows I'm trying to watch my stomach line".

  He walks over to a old log fire "you are here to help tackle the E.O.M,you may have never heard of them, it stands for the End Of Mice in every way,this battle has raged for centuries every night and day". The file laying on his desk is to be my first test, I pick it up and begin to read it appears the E.O.M is plotting to destroy the worlds supply of cheese.

I look at my possible leads to tackling these Cat fiends,I read something that I cannot believe Caruthers the cat is more than he seems,a full time memeber of E.O.M It looks like with him this adventure begins.
© Copyright 2009 Kris smith (kris5000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514602-Mouse-Intelligence-6