*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514650-Eternal-War
Rated: E · Fiction · Philosophy · #1514650
A brief little philosophical writing/story thing
Two armies poised to strike out at each other, one fighting to impose chaos and anarchy the other to bring peace and stability, both with nothing to lose but every thing to gain. The final battle is about to erupt. The land, already ravaged by previous battles lies eerily silent in the moments before the “final” battle erupts. Finally the armies charge with all the bravery and ferocity they can summon and collide in an epic struggle for “victory”. The savage battle rages on for what seems like days with no side gaining any clear advantage over the other untill finally some miracle or twist of fate turns the tide and allow as one side to gain and edge and claim "victory".

You may be asking yourself ,“who won?” ,but does it really matter? In the end, it doesn’t, for if the peace wanting army had won there would be peace and stability for a while, but an other evil would eventually rise and the conflict would begin anew, but if the anarchic army had won allowing misery to spread out like a plague, some righteous hero would rise up and begin a fight for peace and prosperity. In the end the identity of the victor is unimportant, for the struggle between good and evil is eternal.
© Copyright 2009 Rye Soshina (nogitzune at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514650-Eternal-War