*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516297-Frozen-Heart-ch1-Beating-Heart
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Dark · #1516297
A romance story about a vampire who finds himself in love with a human.
Bored. There was no other word to discribe it. I was bored stiff listening to Hannah droning on about the upcoming political something or other.
  "Hannah," I moaned, "How many people do you think really care about this stuff?" I could see immediately that it was the wrong thing to say. But how was I supposed to take it back?
  She glared at me through her freakish blue eyes, "Well, maybe you don't care, Ian." she spat my name, "But there are some of us actually care about the new leader, the changes coming. Some of us actually care about our people!"
  "I never said I didn't care about our people; I said that no one cares about all this boring politcal crap you're going on about."
  "Well, then," Hannah was still glaring at me, "Maybe I won't tell you where the Council is meeting, or about any of the new laws in circulation." She whirled around, her short blonde hair spinning in the opposite dirrection, and stormed out of the room.
    "Good!" I called after her. "I didn't want to hear it!" I hear her "hmpf" as she slammed the door, but otherwise, she didn't respond.
  Josh laughed a loud booming laugh. "You really did it this time, Ian." he said, clamping me on the shoulder. "I've never seen Hannah make such an exit. And without finishing her speech too." He was still laughing when he left.
  Everyone else left too. Some of them, the uptight political vampires like Hannah, cast cold glances over their shoulders as they left. the rest of them were laughing and praising me for getting Hannah to shut up.
  Before long, only Rosa and Mirna remained. Ah, Rosa and Mirna. What can I say about those two? They're twins, which is annoying because I can never tell them apart. And they usually speak in unison, or finish each other's sentences. Weird twin things that you'd think were sterotypical. They also happen to be my best friends.
  "Well, Ian, you know you'll have to aplogize to Hannah later, don't you?" they asked at the same time, smiling at me with their dark brown eyes. They flipped their long brown hair off of their shoulders as they sat down at the table.
  I shrugged, "I've been apologizing to Hannah for over a hundred years. It makes no difference."
  They laughed, "Well," Rosa said. "It certainly seems that by now, at least -"
  "You would've learned your lesson." Mirna finished for her.
  "Nah." I said. "When you two get to be as old as I am, you'll see that you never really learn from your mistakes. How old are you now, anyway?"
  They shrugged, "We were changed in 1927," Rosa said.
  "But we were born somewhere around the early nineteen hundreds," Mirna added.
  I nodded, "See, that's not even a century. You're not old enough to know that yet. But trust me, it'll happen eventually. One day you'll both just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again." I glanced at the clock on the wall and jumped up from my chair quickly, "Shit!" I muttered, "I'm gonna be late. See you two later!" I called over my shoulder as I hurried out the door.
                                                            ***
Principal Woode, a tall thin human man with watery blue eyes, frowned as I rushed into his office. "Well, well, Mr. Hart, you're cutting it close, aren't you?"
  I growled low in my throat, irritated by his patronizing voice. "Sorry," I muttered, "I got caught up in family stuff."
  "Stuff?" Mr. Woode asked, "Well, that clears everything up."
  I yanked the paper out of my bag and handed it too him, "There," I said, "I finished writing them all last night."
  Mr. Woode peered at my sentences through his small glasses that didn't fit his face very well. "Hmm... The handwriting could use some work, but I'll take it."
  I scowled, "Thank-you." I muttered, leaving the office as quickly as I could. I left so quickly that I nearly hit someone with the door. She dropped her books when the door swung out at her.
  "Sorry," I mumbled, picking up a couple of books and handing them to her. She looked up at me. Her pale grey eyes locked with mine, a strand of short black hair falling into her face. I was frozen for nearly a minute just staring into those eyes.
  She took the book hesitantly, "Thanks," she whispered. She was pale and her voice was very faint.
  I said something very intelligent. "Uh..."
  Before I could actually get any words out of my mouth the strange girl hurried off and disapeard into the guidance office.
  I had an irrational urge to follow her. And I wanted to know who she was. I'd never seen her around campus before. She must've been new. The only problem with my strange fasination with the girl I'd never even met before, was that I had clearly heard her heart beating. She was human. I was a vampire. Her heart beat, mine was frozen. But it didn't matter, so why was I thinking about that? It's not like you can love someone after just seeing them once. There was no such thing as love at first sight.
© Copyright 2009 Angel Styx (angel_of_stone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1516297-Frozen-Heart-ch1-Beating-Heart