*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517469-Business
by Erin
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Dark · #1517469
For my first story on this site I experimented with the way a story could look.
The anesthetic slowly started to wear off and I opened my eyes to the harsh light. I couldn’t remember anything before this moment, but it was ok I did know where I was straight away because I’d been there before… heaps of times.
I yawned and stretched my arms…
Then my back…
Then my legs…
My legs
………………….
My legs?
………………….
My legs!?!?
I couldn’t feel my legs!!!!!
I ripped the hospital quilt off my bed and looked down at the place where my legs were supposed to be…………. They weren’t there!!
I screamed
And screamed
And screamed
Where the fuck are my legs!?!?
Suddenly the ‘nurse’ and ‘doctor’ came rushing into the room.
What’s happened?
The doctor looked at my non existent legs as if to say “so?”
The nurse did the same.
This wasn’t part of the deal!!
Deals change
Not this one
Nurse can you give us a minute please?
Of course doctor
Why my legs!? It wasn’t what we agreed! You said you’d only take blood when you needed it!! And in return I get protection!!
We agreed that if we ever needed anything we could come to you and in return we would TRY and protect you.
That is not true and you know it! Where the fuck are my legs!?
We put them to good use….. An athlete needed them
An athlete!? What!?
The doctor didn’t care he stared at me with the same expressionless face. That was when I realized I’d made a big mistake agreeing to this.
I want to go home
You can’t go home
Why?
We need you here. If you leave you’ll tell people what we did and we can’t have that
So... what’s going to happen to me?
Well you can rest for a few days build up you’re strength but then we need to take one of your kidneys
What?
We have a patient, a very famous one at that, who is in need of a kidney. Luckily your blood types match so we can give her yours
You can’t be serious!?
Now we told you what you were getting yourself into before you agreed didn’t we? We gave you enough time to decide what you wanted to do, didn’t we? We told you what our business does and that just because we’re vampires doesn’t mean we can’t make money. Do you realize how much money we made from just your two legs? Imagine what we can get for you lungs? Or your heart?
No, you said I’d just be helping supply blood to your people…… not becoming a…… a……
An organ donor? Don’t you want to help your kind?
Not while I’m still alive!!!
The doctor laughed. The nurse entered with dinner and some pills.
Take these it will ease the pain
The pain? What about the pain I’ll feel when I finally die?
Don’t worry when you do finally die you’ll probably be asleep, in surgery and you wont feel a thing.
Why me?
It’s nothing personal, it’s just the business.
The nurse and doctor left, shutting and locking the door as they went.
© Copyright 2009 Erin (ezza646 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517469-Business