*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517571-Love-and-Frustration
by Ross
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #1517571
A tale of what happens between the big moments
He rubbed his eyes and turned on his seat toward the window. He loved the afternoon sun on his face. He could feel the warmth spread across his skin and a smile break out. This is a great moment for him because it would soon be shattered. He creased his brow with worry as he knew the time already. Soon his quiet little office would be invaded and all he would have is this memory of silence.



The distinct sound of the elevator opening its doors could be heard and it has begun. The first sound is the footsteps running with excitement down to his office and then his wife yelling for them to slow down. They slam the door open and he smiles. He remembers not long ago when the door was too heavy for them and now they nearly take it off its hinges. The twins are 7 now and although they are not identical in appearance they are in behaviour. He swivels on his seat toward them as they run around his desk to greet him. Simultaneously, they leap onto his lap and with a thud they land on his legs  and he is reminded again ,this time painfully, they are getting older.



They kiss his cheek and say hello and turn to play with his all the important things on his desk. He looks up as his wife enters the door with their daughter in her hands. She gives him an exhausted smile and it seems to float right across the room and into his chest. He was wrong before this is his great moment. She kisses him on the cheek and with her free hand she ruffles his hair telling him he needs a shave. He smiles, nods and tells the twins to go play as he reaches for his daughter.



The twins charge off his lap to find mischief as his wife sighs. She hands him their daughter as she walks off to play traffic cop to the twins. His daughter beams as the sun shines through her red hair making it look like honey. She holds both of his stubbly cheeks with her little hands and then hugs him. She then plants a kiss on his cheek and simply says “Daddy” as she nuzzles her face into his neck. He hugs her closer feeling all his worldy problems drain from his body. This is his life and he loves it. This is what he thinks when they say heaven. This is what he think when they say Love.
© Copyright 2009 Ross (seraph_6th at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517571-Love-and-Frustration