*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518174-Tribute-to-President-Obama
by Trish
Rated: E · Article · History · #1518174
A celebration on a new direction of our country
1/20/09          



         America has always been a shining example to the world. It has never been more apparent than this historic day. A man of mixed race, a brilliant, kind, decent man has been inaugurated as our 44th President. Even five years ago, did you ever imagine that happening?



         Once again, I am so proud to be an American. The whole world seems to be pinning its hope on this one special man. He’s not only an American, but a shining example to the whole world, of what one man can do.



         I know that it will be impossible for him to take over as president and solve all our problems, but for the first time, I believe we have a president who will really try to right the wrongs of the last eight years. I know it took longer than eight years to put us in the mess we’re in right now, but, think of how much better off we would be today, if we had a man like Barack Obamo at the helm, looking out for all our interests, instead of only his friends and his cronies.



         There just aren’t enough words to express how proud I am today. It took us a lot of years, but we finally got it right. President Obama has done more to unite this country and this world than anyone in history. I have always resented the money squandered on the inauguaration, until this year. I think the African Americans of this country deserve this special, historic day. It’s been too long coming.



         I wish all people, not just the African Americans, but all races will follow his example in the way he cares for his children and wife. That is something that has been missing in this country for a long time. Let’s all embrace this time of change and see if we can all do our part. Think of how much easier it would be for our President to make the changes he needs to make if we were all working with him and not against him.



         We, as a country have always rallied together to accomplish great things. We all have been handed that opportunity again. Please, let’s all work together to make this great nation be a shining example for the whole world again, rather than the big brother that most of this world has come to resent.



         I thank God for this opportunity. Let’s all make the most of it.

© Copyright 2009 Trish (tricia363 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518174-Tribute-to-President-Obama