*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518685-Threes-a-crowd---Chapter-six
by Adarah
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #1518685
Everything Comes Out
We lay down together. I had to ask him about Janet. I just didn't know how. The only way I could think of was to just ask him about his past, and hope he would be honest. If he was as serious about me as he said he will be honest. So I did it, I asked him.

"Tell me about your past relationships"
"Well, there's nothing much to tell. I made mistakes, everyone does."
"What do you mean, mistakes?"
"You wouldn't want to know."
"I do, that's why I asked."
"Okay, you asked. I've been married, to an author, but she turned out to be a great big disaster. She was the most self-centered woman I've ever known."
"Janet Founders?"
"Yes. How do you know?"
"Well, shes the only self-centered author I know so I guessed."
"Oh. Well. Yes. But that's the past. I'm committing myself to you now."

Julia didn't know what to say now. She was happy he was honest, and that's all that mattered really.

Now it was time to go back to the hotel and pack, she was leaving the next day. Julia had to make the decision whether she wanted Jordan to come back with her or to have a long distance relationship. They had known each other for about a week, and that's not long. Was she really as committed as him, or was he really even as committed as he said he was.

She decided to go home alone. She still wanted to be in a relationship with Jordan. But moving in together was a big step. She'd see how long they could really be away from each other and how committed he really was.

Julia spent her last night in Dunedin at Jordan's house.

The next day she said goodbye to Morgan and Jordan took her to the airport.

It really was the start of something new.
© Copyright 2009 Adarah (ambercaitlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518685-Threes-a-crowd---Chapter-six