*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519174-Today
by Geri
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #1519174
A letter to my kids...
Today I Was Remembering…                              

A time when there was abundance…

When our kitchen was always full of food to share and love to distribute even though we were poor

When our 4th of July’s always meant too many fireworks to ignite in one night and three little girls who wanted their sparkler lit first… (Remember lighting the neighbor’s carport on fire?)

When Halloween meant a magnificent pumpkin carving mess in our kitchen and more pumpkins seeds than we could give away…

When our house was full of little voices and fighting sisters, and laughing schemers who would weather the perils of the grand storm like true soul mates when Mom found out that…           
What they really meant when asking if they could play with their new baby sister was if they could put her in their favorite red wagon and trolley on down the block with her!!

When being sisters meant guarding and cherishing each others deepest darkest adolescent secrets even when they wouldn’t agree on whose turn it really was to wash the dishes or help Mom with the chores…

When our family lived together side by side, saw each other every day and never anticipated even for a moment that we would ever be what feels like, an expanse and era away from each other…

Our times sure have changed…we exist in an age of tragedies, war and economic mayhem…We have not fully realized the sacrifices made by countless souls….the innocent…the soldier…the child…the family…

Our lives sure have changed…we live apart…our unity severed...our hearts mandated to love each other from a distance and we no longer know the daily mundane yet precious ins and outs of each others lives…yet we still, on occasion, take each other for granted and go days in silence…whether by our daily hectic task accomplishing obsession or by anger.

So…I simply wanted to tell you…that I love you so much my precious, my family…that I’ll capture our bond any way possible…whether you are hours away…or in the next room…whether you are happy with me or angry…whether you are proud of me or disappointed…whether you think I’m a weird lot - or not….I truly treasure every moment, every memory…every imminent beloved reminiscence with each and every one of you….
© Copyright 2009 Geri (geri1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519174-Today