*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519473-Glitch
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1519473
Life on the computer...yea!
Well let's see what we have in the contest section. Oh look this one sounds interesting, It's a daily contest with a new challenge every day. I'm up for that. Today they are looking for a story about a broken computer. I have just the thing, that story I did a couple of years ago. It took place in the future, and everything was controlled by computers. That one is perfect!

Where did I put that one? I'm sure it was stored in one of these document folders. Maybe it was this one.

File not found!? Oh, you have got to be kidding me,try it again.
File not found! Oh crud!!!

I'll reboot and try it again.
I swear this thing gets slower and slower everyday, thanks to this new operating system.

That's just GREAT! Now I have the blue screen of death. I thought they did away with that one. Maybe if I try this and then click on these and press that.

Splendid, now it's wor... oops NO NO NO Not that! Stop it, Stop it, AAArrrrgh uumph!!!

Where's my hammer? I swear if I find it this computer is going to be sorry. What if I just tap it gently, a little less gently, not so gently, pounding gently. Wait, stop, this one is too expensive to smash like the last one. Get a grip. Calm down.

Please don't make me have to call the Techs. I never understand what they're saying, It's like they expect everyone to understand "Geek".

Oh hey, look it's working!
Okay now let's just start fresh and type it from memory.

"It was unusually cold in sector PX 19 but thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Now the keys are sticking. That's it, I give up! Who wants to read a story about a broken computer anyway?


Word Count = 300

Entry in the "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge" 1/24/09 Subject = Broken Computer
Winner of Honorable Mention
© Copyright 2009 H2O2Whine (h2o2whine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519473-Glitch