*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521005-The-Great-Idea
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1521005
The newest fad comes in an unusual visual.
Shaking my head in dismay, I snapped the picture.  The architect for these domes had to be related to someone high up in the company.  Why else would they build enormous domes that looked like God pooped a golf ball and a pinwheel donut in the middle of this beautiful landscape? 

I guess in a way it was ingenious.  Well, it would have been if it hadn't been so hideous.  An indoor golf course with a day spa attached to it - no doubt a woman's idea. Couples would get the feeling they were spending the day together, even though both were doing their own thing.  Just what every man wants - a day of golfing and a woman that feels gorgeous and pampered. 

The place is perfect for days like this when the storm clouds are promising drenching weather.  A day stuck in the house with bickering and nagging or a day of putting and facials?  Not a difficult choice.  At least it hadn't been for me. 

Packing the camera away, I looked lovingly at my nine iron in the backseat, and silently thanked God that in fifteen minutes someone else would be pretending to listen to my wife while rubbing her feet. 

Slice or cut, it didn't matter.  Today's a hole in one for me.
© Copyright 2009 audra_branson (abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521005-The-Great-Idea