*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1523002-Love-suit-first-chapter
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1523002
This chapter is where Jess and Brad meet at first site.
First Day!
“Wake up Jess; don’t make me tell you again!” My mom, (Amanda Rose) yelled form downstairs. When I finally wake up I get dressed.
“How do I look?” I say in an energetic way! I saw the look on my mom’s face; didn’t look so good. I was wearing some cute jean shorts; I am pretty for sure they meet dress code. My shirt was just another shirt from Aeropostale. My shoes bran new Nike shocks; they were white so I had to make sure I didn’t step in anything to nasty.
“Well, you could have longer shorts on Jess.” My mom said like, like I looked like some kind of horrible person.
“Have you been outside this morning? It’s going to be so hot; do I have to remind you we live in Florida!” I said like she was from another planet! It’s like she doesn’t get me.
“Before you reply I have to get on that big yellow thing; I have to ride in, what’s that called Oh wait the bus! Bye love you.” I didn’t want to sound mad but who can blame me. It’s horrible!
“Bye Love you too.” My mom said happily. I suppose she wanted me gone! I mean she probably has to clean or what ever she does.
“Hey Jess!” My best friend Annie shouted from two houses down.
“Oh hey Annie, how was your summer. You know other hanging out with me.” By now we have met up with each other.
“I will tell you on the bus.” It sounded important. She said it very softly and had a weird face.
“Okay, I met this boy!” She was all hyped up!
“Okay so tell me, name, where did you meet him, how old? Give me details!” I said that to hyper well she will be happy to answer!
“His name is Josh, I met him the day after you left at Universal Parks, and he’s four-teen. I love him! Oh and he is new this year, I hope Andy doesn’t make a big seen!” She said with a big grin on his face.
“I am sure Andy won’t” I said that to comfort her; Andy’s her ex-boyfriend.
“Jess you’re the best!” She got out of the seat and hugged me.
“Hey who’s your homeroom teacher?” I said hoping she said Mr. B.
“Mr. B, what about you?” She sounded like it wasn’t a big deal; well it really wasn’t.
“Cool, me too. We wont be able to talk I heard he was really strict.” I said like I hate him, I didn’t, I didn’t know him! We both said bye and we went to our lockers. They weren’t anywhere by each others. My first class was science! Mrs. Smith was my teacher, she sounded pretty cool. I can’t stand history, that’s my second period class. The teacher, Mrs. Christman, she was really hateful. Our principal is so weird he is combing the sixth and seventh grade choir classes. Choir is really fun; I had it last year, the teacher is amazing! He is so nice, he really has a voice, and his name is Mr. Feeby.
“Oh gosh, Annie look at that cute boy over there.” I said like I have never seen someone that cute!
“You go for him!” she said all smiley. Since I’m not a shy person I walk up to him.
“Hey, I’m Jessica, well I go by Jess.” I said very nervous, that’s strange for me!
“Hello I’m Brad, you are very stunning!” He said like he was kidding.
“Yes, yes I am.” I was laughing and blushing at this point.
“Let’s begin class, attendance Abbey, Tyler, Tiffany, Cody, class quiet!” He said just the first four and stopped; by the way we can say he is really funny!
“Brad meet me by Mr. B’s class next period. They won’t count you late it’s the first day!” I said hoping that Mr. Feeby didn’t hear me. He shook his head yes.
“There is the bell!” Mr. Feeby said to our whole class, as if we didn’t hear it.
“I’m here what did you want to talk about?” Brad said to me very quietly.
“You have second lunch, all sixth graders do, so do I, do you want to talk and hang out with some of my friends and me?” I said this happily, I know I like his looks but I don’t know of I like his personality.
“I made plans with my friends but, I can change them, yes. I have to go to homeroom, bye.” He looked happy, in his eyes he was on top of the world. Homeroom was such a drag. The word around the school was true; he is strict. I didn’t like my reading and English teacher she was really old and crabby. Her name was Mrs. Creed. I was so ready for lunch, my lunch is after reading. Lunch was finally here.
“Hey Brad over here.” I yelled from two tables away from the lunch line. I think brad likes to shake his head, because he shook his head at me, telling me ok.
“Jess I have to tell you, when you were walking toward us
You were pulchritudinous.” Brad said with a smile on his face. I wasn’t for sure what the word pulchritudinous meant, so I was confused.
“What is pulchritudinous?” I said I felt stupid he’s a grade level behind me and knows that huge word.
“It means attractive, pretty, and everything else about you.” He said that right in front of my friends what a man! I really like him.
“Thanks that was really sweet.” I said blushing, again.
“Jess can I ask you a question?” He acted like he just met me, well like he had something to say.
“Yeah shoot.” I said it like he was going to ask to leave or something like that.
“Will you be my girlfriend?” Brad said; now this time he was blushing. I can’t believe this. I don’t know what to do. I will go with my gut.
“Well thank you for asking, thanks but I really need to get to know you first. Don’t worry; I hope we talk a lot!” I said feeling horrible. I did like him; but I didn’t know him.
“Line up!” Mr. B said; he is our lunch supervisor. My fifth period was English; Mrs. Creed again. She was a little happier in fifth period. Well that was boring. Last year we got to pick if we wanted to be an aide; so sixth period I am an aide. All I learned in sixth period was, Hello Orlando Florida Middle School, how can I help you. All that was left was math. I had math seventh period; my teacher was Mrs. Morgan. Math went by so fast!
“See you tomorrow, class.” Mrs. Morgan said with a smile on her face. I got on that stupid bus again. I found out that Brad rode my bus. He sits In the seat by me; only in the afternoon. I got home my sister, Susan was home already; that was strange. Susan is in the eleventh grade, maybe she drove to school today. At dinner we talked about Brad. My mom told me that I should go for him; well when I get to know him as well. My dad isn’t the happiest person about it; but he will let me.
“I’m going to take a shower.” I said walking away from the table. I got in to my pajamas. We had this activity for English to find ten things around our house that best describes my family and me. I got that done it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Now it is ten after ten pm, time for me to go to bed.
© Copyright 2009 katie_the_writer (katie_701 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1523002-Love-suit-first-chapter