*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524935-Ignorance
by Nari
Rated: E · Monologue · Cultural · #1524935
This was a school assignment but I really like it. It's a reflection on slavery.
In this world, there are many kinds of people. We all have our own story. We all feel pain. We all shed tears of joy, sadness, and longing. Those who, by pure chance, fall into the category of the so-called “ideal” human being cannot fathom the struggles and sorrows that ignorance breeds. It is a disease. It burns and destroys and kills as it spreads. It festers itself deep within you. It imprisons your humanity and washes away all thoughts of empathy. I do not blame those who have succumbed to its evils. I feel this pull to the victims of the past, to reach out and help them, to cure that deadly disease. I cannot change the horrors of the past. I cannot save those who have died. I cannot console those who lived and were haunted by their appalling memories. However, I can change today. Imagine the wonders of a world where every man or woman receives equal love and respect. Imagine a world where everyone is rich in love and culture and diversity. There isn’t a precious metal or good that can rival their values. I am a soldier in this war. I am driven by the dream of equality. The dream of freedom, of love, of peace. The horrors of the past will never change. And while I shed a tear for the victims of ignorance, I grit my teeth for the battle ahead for there is a long way to go but, in the end, we shall win because there is no greater weapon than love.
© Copyright 2009 Nari (kamina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524935-Ignorance