*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527871-Uncomfortable-Moments-with-God
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Inspirational · #1527871
Are uncomfortable moments good?
Surely, you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, that is the mystery made known to me by revelation.
Ephesians 3:2

Paul has been imprisoned for speaking for Christ. "Surely we have heard", he says. That sounds like he put the announcement on Twitter and the whole world re-tweeted it. Perhaps that is why he is in prison. He says that God gave him these things to tell and even though he has been imprisoned because of them, he calls it God's grace. He is so excited to be in prison for Christ that one might think he was crazy, just crazy enough to pay attention to.

Paul is definitely not in his element. He should be out walking amongst the people, preaching the good news, not behind bars. Having to be uncomfortable is part of growing in faith. I was never fond of sharing my faith openly with other adults. It always became a very uncomfortable situation for me. I had worked with youth before and found this enjoyable, it just seemed very unsettling to share with other adults. Then, through a wonderful man named John Robbins, God sent me on an Emmaus weekend. Here my faith grew through having to share my faith story with people my age and older. It was the best time of my spiritual life. Paul was certainly uncomfortable being in prison. However, that is where he found himself and prasing God for the opportunity. He had grown because he saw what God was doing. He had seen Roman soldiers listen and accept the story of Christ. Other prisoners were also listening to what he had to say. This was all God's grace at work.

Next time you are in an uncomfortable situation, look for God's grace, it is there. See how he is working through you. See and feel the transformation. Use your uncomfortable feelings as Paul did. It starts with one person; can you be His hands today?
© Copyright 2009 Christopher Clayton Depew (chrisdepew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527871-Uncomfortable-Moments-with-God