*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531050-The-Path-of-Life
by Ritz
Rated: E · Prose · Tribute · #1531050
My thank you to someone who really helped me
As we walk the path of life, we are challenged by many crossroads and forks.  Each intersection requires a choice to be made. You cannot stand still on the path for long.  If you make no choice, others will make it for you.

With each path, chosen or forced, life is affected.  Once on a path, backtracking is always difficult and sometimes impossible.  Occasionally you get lucky and come to the same crossroads and can choose again, but only if you are aware the possibility exists.

What I never quite understood were the paths that ran parallel to mine.  Not the paths of others who were destined to walk with me, but paths, off to the side, where a single person stood as I passed.

When life seemed the most difficult, these paths seemed to appear more often, but I could never find the nerve to speak to the individual standing there and they never spoke to me.

Even today I am unclear as to what made me speak to you that day.  Maybe the brightness of your path or the turmoil on my own.  I felt the need to talk to you.  As we talked, well I talked, you listened, the gap between the paths got smaller.

I took a risk and stepped on to the path you were on.  Quickly many things changed.  You disappeared. I looked to my own path but it was gone.  I felt different and disoriented, but had no choice but to follow this path. It was foreign to me but at the same time, it felt very comfortable.

I walked this path for sometime before I realized this was my own path, one I had veered from many years before.
And
You were my bridge.

Thank you
© Copyright 2009 Ritz (alice_ritz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531050-The-Path-of-Life