*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531311-Frozen-Heart-chp5-Annabelle
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1531311
"Annabelle? What-?" She smiled, "I've missed you." <i'm sorry bout spelling>
I stared at her, in complete shock. "Annabelle? What-?"

She smiled at me, "I've missed you, Ian. It's been too long."

"Well, you didn't give me much of a choice, you know." I almost snapped at her, but something held me back. It must've been the fact that she was about ten times stronger than I was. "I mean, you're exact words were 'Leave. I don't want to see you ever again.' Or something like that."

She frowned, "Well, perhaps over the past three hundred years, I've changed my mind, and feel bad about what hapened."

I laughed dryly. "Really?"

She took a step closer and put one of her hands on my shoulder. "Yes, Ian. Really.And can you really say that you aren't happy to see me? I made you who you are today."

I scowled, "Yeah. Without my consent."

She removed her hand, "True. But it was because I loved you."

I snorted. "Loved me? You used me."

She shrugged, "And then I came to realize what a wonderful guy you were. Come on, Ian, you know you loved me too."

"It wasn't love, Anna. It was lust. Nothing more than the biggest mistake of my entire four hundred years of existance."

She looked hurt, but I had been fooled by look too many times before to care. "Ian, really, it wasn't a mistake. It wasn't a curse either. It was a gift."

"A damn crappy gift if you ask me."

She frowned, "Ian you don't -"

"I don't want to talk to you, Annabelle." I snapped, turning away and heading for the parking lot.

I heard her heels clicking on the pavement as she followed me out.

Before I even got to the car she caught me by the arm and pushed me against the side of it. "Ian Hart I let you get away from me once, and it is NOT going to happen again." she practically growled.

I yanked my arm out of her iron grip and glared into those eyes. The eyes that had hypnotized me when I was seventeen, and the eyes that had pulled me back in one too many times for me to feel anything but hate for the mind behind them.

"Go to hell, Anna." I snapped at her. "You don't love me, and you never did, and I certainly don't love you!"

She stood in front of me and blocked my way as I tried to push through. "Ian I never -" Then she paused. She looked around the empty parking lot, and before I could stop her she leaned down and kissed me forcefully.

I tried to push her off of me, but she was a lot stronger than I was. So I just stood there. When she finally pulled away she looked at me expectantly. "Ian, you have to remember what we used to have."

"I do. That's why I don't want it." I snapped, I felt my teeth growing. My entire being ached to rip her throat out. But that was murder. And it was wrong. If I killed her without provocation or reasonable cause, it would mean my life. So instead I used my hatred to fuel my strength and pushed her out of the way, pulling the car door open and speeding off at maximim speed.

Over the roar of the engine I heard Annabelle screaming, "Ian you can't deny what we had! And I won't let you get away again!! Even if that means killing you!"

I shuddered. Annabelle always kept her word. And I certainly knew that I couldn't fight her. But I put it from my mind and sped off, hoping beyond hope that she wouldn't be able to figure out where I lived. Of course, that was a futile, and unlikely hope at best.
© Copyright 2009 Angel Styx (angel_of_stone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531311-Frozen-Heart-chp5-Annabelle