*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531737-Finding-Yourself
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1531737
Wrote this after coming to a few realizations.
Finding Yourself

Dylan Barbee





Sometimes you really don’t know anything about yourself until the moments things happen that you either didn’t want or you find out it wasn’t how you wanted them to go. Just then you will change yourself to adapt to the situation because whatever way it is your mind knows how to work these things out. The way you know something actually made a lasting impression is you start to keep that change in mind as to avoid it happening again or trying to fix things because it is what you feel is right, however, sometimes things aren’t that simple and when you first learn you may try and do anything you can to make things better or to return to “normal” but when dealing with people there is almost always an additional thing that they don’t tell you which makes it impossible to fully fix things. What do you do when that happens? Do you get angry? How about moving on with life or do you just do what you can to fix it? The outcome is never really desirable but if you can fill some foundation with cement then you can start building on the things you have.



I don’t normally think what the other person wants until just before but recently I have started to think a lot about what other people need or want from me or just from life and can I give them any of that? For most the answer is a no but for a select few (some of you may know who you are) I can actually give them what it is they need right now. Be it a shoulder to cry on, a hug at the right moment, or even just an ear to talk to. I have known my role in life for quite sometime but forget it quite a bit. I have always been here to help the ones I care about now if I can actually be in a working relationship time will tell but until then I have my brothers (David, Doug, Kevin, and Matt) and my sister (Haley) they are the my foundation no matter how rough times might get I always have them to fall back on and to ease me back on my feet. With that I thank and love you all!

© Copyright 2009 dylan1988 (dylan1988 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531737-Finding-Yourself