*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531787-Loneliness-Is-Measured-By
Rated: E · Draft · Personal · #1531787
Just brief notes on thoughts about loneliness.
         Loneliness is measured by the sound of ping pong ball.
         The bigger the room, the more people are in it, the louder the sound of the ping pong ball is. That table-racket-table-table-racket sound echoes in your head, hitting the skull and falling down your throat, deep inside of you, hitting your vital organs. It hits the heart few times, making an inner bleeding. And then it goes to your lungs and gets stuck there, making you choke till death. After making you go through such a hell it falls to the deepest depths of you and stays there as the heaviest rock to carry.
         Loneliness is measured by people.
         You need at least two people to get that feeling of loneliness. The more people get involved in this whole thing – the lonelier the person might get. Math. 1 + 1 not always ends up as 2. Sometimes it’s only a half or even a zero in the end. Therefore, the more you add to that 1, the less of it remains. 0.5, 0.33, 0.25… Math. Comes to the ‘the more you give, the less you get’ somehow.
         Loneliness can be measured by steps.
         Though, it is almost the same as measuring it with the sound of ping pong ball. Sounds are all alike in the terms of loneliness. They all are too loud. But if ping pong ball’s sound table-racket-racket-table remains constant (the misses don’t count in), steps may measure the depths of loneliness. As by them you can know how far or how near something may be. In fact, by counting the steps you can count the time. You can count how fast something gets away from you, or how now slow it approaches you.

© Copyright 2009 Noah O'Brien (noahbrien at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531787-Loneliness-Is-Measured-By