*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1532152-Another-Life
by Cindy
Rated: E · Column · Other · #1532152
Another Life, another time, another century.
Another Life, another time, another century. How much of who we are at this moment was already decided? When we look at others so unlike ourselves, do we really realize how easily each could have been us? Yes, we could have been them...in another life, another time, another century. Ponder this as you must, and think hard before you judge. If you were born then, to the place and parents of them...would you be the same?
If you weren't taught the thoughts and rules you now know, who would you be? Would you be someone who loved other hobbies, or someone who loved someone else than you love now? How much is decided before you even had a chance to decide anything? Can you undo what was taught you enough to make yourself your own? Are you always a product of your surroundings? They say, "Don't judge others until you have walked in their shoes"....how far would you go to actually do this? Would you change who you are to try it, or would you keep your values and just tip your toe into the wonder? Ponder your life, think of the differences in the world. Who are you really? Who are they? How much of who we are has to do with things that were never in our control? Emagine it, if you were born in another Life, another time, another century.
© Copyright 2009 Cindy (cbsarver at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1532152-Another-Life